Belt pouch for gx1 plus evf2

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Mohun, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Mohun

Mohun Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Sometimes I'd like to do a bit of walkabout with just my GX1 and either the 14-45mm or the 20mm pancake and no extra battery, card or other accessories, but with the EVF2 mounted, but nest the camera, lens and finder in a minimal case I can thread with my belt, giving some "bumping" protection, but being able to hideaway the equipment during lunches or other perhaps inappropriate occasions.

I have a nice Domke shoulder/belt bag but it is more than I really want to carry on these occasions. By the way, it's my aim to mount my choice of lens before the outing with intent to rely solely on that one lens, thus obviating the necessity for lens changes, dust-blowing sensor cleaning, etc.

Ideas are most welcome. For example, the Optech neoprene "form-fitting" pouches allow no room for the mounted EVF.
  2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    If you wear a coat, why not simply use a sling or neck strap over one shoulder, under the coat? Otherwise, for something this small, I would just browse a few shops and get something non-photo dedicated.

My personal preference for bags is either 'pocket' or 'shoulder bag' if I want easy access, backpack if I'm travelling/want it not to look camera bag-like.
  3. Mohun

Mohun Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    For street travel particularly, a bag with a shoulder strap seems to call itself out as a target (although I by necessity use a shoulder bag when I carry my Nikon D700 with even just one mounted lens) for street thieves. I like the security of a small pouch attached to my belt and, therefore, effectively to me. Several years ago I used a pretty compact Canon Power Shot S40 and it fit tightly but nicely in a belt pouch made for a then sized transistor radio. The GX1 with EVF attached is considerably larger.

I'm hoping that weather this Fall will permit me to avoid wearing a coat most of the time.

I think I'll follow your suggestion of looking for some sort of soft non-photo-related container, but one that I can attach to my belt.