Belt lens case options for 40-150 pro?

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
I have the Oly 75-300 II and with the hood on, it fits into a Lowepro 9x13cm lens case like a glove. Perfect for hooking to a belt.

I saw in another thread someone suggesting the JJC DLP-6 built for 100-400s, so I bought it. While they arent wrong that the lens + TC fits, its absolutely massive and the lens swims in the case.

Does anyone know of a lens case option, under ~$30 that I can fit my 40-150 pro, with or without TC attached, TC sleeve on the outside that is belt attachable and is better fitted?
A top pouch that can hold a EM1.2 battery would be nice too

teacher447

Mu-43 Regular
I have the Oly 75-300 II and with the hood on, it fits into a Lowepro 9x13cm lens case like a glove. Perfect for hooking to a belt.

I saw in another thread someone suggesting the JJC DLP-6 built for 100-400s, so I bought it. While they arent wrong that the lens + TC fits, its absolutely massive and the lens swims in the case.

Does anyone know of a lens case option, under ~$30 that I can fit my 40-150 pro, with or without TC attached, TC sleeve on the outside that is belt attachable and is better fitted?

Torkin lens case will fit. It evens expands on the bottom to fit the mc-14. I paid $36.00 for it a few years ago. Now the price is up to $48.00 on ebay.

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint

With or without the lens hood?
With or without the tripod foot?

An obvious answer might seem a smaller bag in the same line, such as maybe the JJC DLP-4. JJC also makes another line called the JJC Deluxe Lens Pouch that has different dimension than the DLP line.

I use Tenba Reload Mini case to attach to a battery to a strap.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
With or without the lens hood?
With or without the tripod foot?

An obvious answer might seem a smaller bag in the same line, such as maybe the JJC DLP-4. JJC also makes another line called the JJC Deluxe Lens Pouch that has different dimension than the DLP line.

I use Tenba Reload Mini case to attach to a battery to a strap.

I use one of these JJC lens cases. It fits the lens with the foot, but I have not tried with the lens hood as I never use it. As long as it does not add to the length it may be OK with the hood. the tripod foot takes up quiet a bit of room. I have a few of these at diferent sizes from this seller and I find the internal sizing quoted is just smaller than what you get. Cant remember which one I got with out trying to find the old order but think mine is the 100 x 175

JJC Waterproof Deluxe Lens Pouch Bag with Shoulder Strap for DSLR Camera Lens | eBay

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
I'll have to check jjc's other offerings and check the sizes.
Definitely with the hood but the foot I could take or leave it

leuallen

Mu-43 Regular
S&F Lens Exchange Case 200 AW

I use the Lowepro above. It is twice your max cost but to me it is well worth it. I have two: one for the 40-150 and one for the 100-400. On a belt it makes lens changing much easier and more secure. It even handles the tripod foot with ease.

Larry

Real Name
Walter
I think the LowePro lens exchange case is worth considering. If you have a lens on the camera, the case facilitates changing lenses. I was going to buy it for my ZD 50-200 SWD, but figured it was too narrow to fit with hood on. Should fit the 40-150 Pro easily, even with foot on.
LowePro used to have a 100 size of this, but it doesn't look like it's in the catalog now.

S&F Lens Exchange Case 200 AW

Last edited:

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
The Lens Exchange Case 200 AW is a very option - for the price. However if someone is looking for a case for Olympus 50-200mm F/2.8-3.5, the hood and lens foot makes it a tight fit.

The Lens Exchange Case 100 AW is still available at B&H and other places. If I'm only going to use two lenses with one of those being the Olympus 50-200mm F/2.8-3.5 or the Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, I'll use the 100 AW because of it's lens exchange function and I only want one case. The case will not zip all of the way up, however it zips far enough up to keep the lens in the case.

Real Name
Walter
The Lens Exchange Case 200 AW is a very option - for the price. However if someone is looking for a case for Olympus 50-200mm F/2.8-3.5, the hood and lens foot makes it a tight fit.

The Lens Exchange Case 100 AW is still available at B&H and other places. If I'm only going to use two lenses with one of those being the Olympus 50-200mm F/2.8-3.5 or the Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, I'll use the 100 AW because of it's lens exchange function and I only want one case. The case will not zip all of the way up, however it zips far enough up to keep the lens in the case.

Correct. That's why I didn't buy the Lens Exchange 200. It wasn't wide enough internally to comfortably fit the 50-200 SWD with champagne bucket hood and the foot. However, it should be ample for the OP's 40-150 Pro and the MC-14, I figure. I think if I left the hood off and took the foot off, the 50-200 would fit. Instead, I bought this huge Manfrotto Holster Plus 40 bag. It fit the ZD 50-200 SWD with OEM hood and foot mounted on the EM1. I needed something to carry and protect it when shooting kids soccer games. It was the only bag I had big enough for that, at the time. It did the job and is very protective, but also rather bulky.

The Lens Exchange 100 was simply too short for my ZD 50-200 lens. With the MMF-3 adapter on it, you need at least 8-9 inches of height. The 100 is only 6.7" high internally.

Chris Evans

New to Mu-43
Mine fits beautifully into a LowePro 11x18. It has the choice of a shoulder strap or belt fastening, and the MC14 will either fit on the lens or its case will clip on the shoulder strap loop.
I can leave the lens hood on it, and the tripod foot.

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
I would not ordinarily bring this up as they are hard to find, the Olympus LSH 1220 for the 4/3s 50-200 would be near ideal. The photos have a 50-200mm SWD and hood with 4/3s adapter on it, so within mm of the same length. KEH has one for $15.00
Olympus LSH 1220 Case20180826_164517.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Olympus LSH 1220 Case20180826_164536.jpg

daveinamblerpa

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave

The Think Tank Lens Changer 35 . Big enough for lens and 1.4 tele extender. No foot
Dave

Tool Crazy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This is what I use for mine and it fits it perfectly and with the hood. Has large strap on the back for hanging on a belt.
Tamrac's M.A.S. Extra Large Lens Case
https://amzn.to/2N7brXd
20180901_200609.jpg

20180901_200628.jpg

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
I was actually looking at the Tamrac MAS cases on Ebay, I ended up settling on a JJC DLP-5II which is a hair smaller than the 6 but fits the lens with the foot on and the TC

ac12

Mu-43 Legend
This is what I use.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07499X9ZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The big pouch will hold an Olympus 75-300 with hood, or a Nikon 70-200/4 with hood.
Caution, some of the pouches on Amazon will NOT fit a lens with attached hood. Check measurements carefully.​
I use the pouch on a duty belt with suspenders to hold up the belt.
The smallest pouch will not thread the belt, but has to be clipped to the belt.​

The nice thing about this is that I can swap pouches to use whichever combination I need for a particular gig.
And the belt carry is sooo much easier than lugging a bag on my shoulder, when shooting.

Latest threads

Top Bottom