Bell & Howell 85mm F1.4 lens (Samyang?)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by barry13, May 23, 2014.

1. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  2. Lodos

Lodos Mu-43 Regular

I wonder if there is a cheap mechanical adapter for four thirds to micro four thirds (one without electrical contacts like om-m4/3 or fd-m3/4 adapters from fotodiox, rainbow or fotga etc).. I never came across one.. all I have seen have electrical contacts and priced around starting $60..

3. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I haven't seen one.

I heard the Rainbow was $50, but it's $58 on Amazon now.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQALP9O/

However, that lens is available in other mounts so a cheap adapter could probably be found.

Barry

4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Seriously ? I have been seeing them around since just before the DMC G1 was 1st released. That was the 1st µ4/3 adapter available before any others. Its not as common to see now but they are available still, like this one for about 13 bucks.

Interesting about the 85mm lens tho. I might consider it if I did not already have a 75mm 1.4 in c-mount. Actually I have 2 of those 75mm c-mount lenses, I have just never got around to selling the second one.

5. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    Wow. It's a relatively huge lens, but I always wanted one of these 85's, and the Bell & Howell label is a blast from the past. Too bad it's only a sticker. At $205 shipped, well I can afford that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.