Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Erwin.BE, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Erwin.BE

Erwin.BE New to Mu-43

Feb 17, 2011
    The new World Champions in Duration of Government Forming! 249 days and counting! If you ask why it takes so long, imagine forming a government with the Vulcans! We Flemisch are rich, but we would be richer without those lazy Walloons!:redface:

Only heard of :43: a few days ago. Using a €80 pocket Nikon for years after the analogue Minolta Dynax that was just to big carry around.

Thought about a €200-250 pointer first, but soon got interested in the €400 LX-5 and €500 XZ-1. But :43: is where the real camera's start, not? I love the fact that this is a system where you can upgrade parts rather than get the newest thing in town. And IQ is inherently superior to P&S.

Did not want to spend to much from the start and wanted a compact solution. So I ordered a new €210 Olympus E-P1 body and a used 17mm Pancake with it. I will probably get a 20mm Pancake if I can live with the smaller angle vs 17mm. The body should arrive next Monday...
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Erwin.BE and welcome to the forum. The E-P1 is a steal at the moment - I just bought one new with 17mm and VF for $460. You are correct the XZ1/LX5 brigade has a place (I have an EX1) but :43: is where it's at. :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and hello from Scotland. I got the e-p1 as a bargain too - with the optical viewfinder and 17mm lens. It's a great camera. Hope you have a lot of fun with yours.

All the best,

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    From another child of the flemish Vilvoorde, welcome!

Been in Southern California since four, but would love to go back to Brussels to shoot and visit some relatives. Good luck with your new Pen camera.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Erwin, though I'm a little late for the welcoming committee, thanks so much for your introduction and congrats on your great buy of the E-P1 and the 17mm lens. There are quite a few who hold that 17mm in high esteem. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think and seeing some of your photographs very soon.

Glad to have you here!:biggrin:
  6. dmc

dmc Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2011
    Welcome, glad you're here.