Being timed out ?

blue

Mu-43 Veteran
I log in, browse the boards and then try and post - but the system seems to log me out after a fairly short time, and I have to keep logging back in. I'm not even leaving the boards or closing the browser. How long do we have for a log in ? Could it be extended to a couple of hours rather than what seems to be about 20 minutes at the moment ?

tam

Mu-43 Regular
I logged in weeks ago... not had to log in since..

Are you maybe blocking cookies?

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yup. Me too. Like surfing in glue today. Nothing wrong with my browser, it is this site that is having a slooooooow day.

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi everyone, I'm logged out too automaticly. Don't understand why. At dpreview and twitter I can login and stay login. I'm using microsoft explorer 8.

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
I have the same issue, I also get logged out every 20-30 minute, I use the latest firefox.
Did you have the browser "save" your log in info?
The first time you log in a new site, a bar under your tab bar will show up to "remember" your log in info. Click on "Remember"...
You should not have to ever log in again when open that wed-site.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Interesting. I will alert the Administrators to this. I haven't had any issues on the site and use Safari, however there is another odd thing going on which has been posted about and noted here: https://www.mu-43.com/f77/no-notifications-new-postings-4839/#post44755 regarding email notifications regarding new posts (if you've subscribed to a thread) and PM notifications from several days ago arriving today.

We'll get the calvary out soon to investigate!

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Login "problem" with IE8

Hi, I got to login twice before actually become loggedin.
User Name and Password twice.
Does anyone of you have the same "problem" ?

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Regarding the log in problems that some have been having, the only suggestions seem to be to try the "cookie clearing" and such options that have been discussed before in this thread. It's possible that it could be something to do with some people's connections or browsers.

For example, I use Safari 5.0.1 and have Verizon Fios and am always logged in.

If you continue to have problems, take a look back through this thread and see if following the suggestions help.

julienrl

Mu-43 Regular
Did you have the browser "save" your log in info?
The first time you log in a new site, a bar under your tab bar will show up to "remember" your log in info. Click on "Remember"...
You should not have to ever log in again when open that wed-site.
clicking on the checkbox fixed it for me. thanks!

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have more trouble on other sites compared to this one. Login is OK but I get a 'freeze' situation where I have to restart the link. I use Firefox but have recently tried Safari (Windows version) and it seems to reduce this problem and it seems faster too.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom