Being timed out ?

Discussion in 'Site information' started by blue, Jul 28, 2010.

1. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    I log in, browse the boards and then try and post - but the system seems to log me out after a fairly short time, and I have to keep logging back in. I'm not even leaving the boards or closing the browser. How long do we have for a log in ? Could it be extended to a couple of hours rather than what seems to be about 20 minutes at the moment ?
  2. tam

tam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    I logged in weeks ago... not had to log in since..

Are you maybe blocking cookies?
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    You may want to clear out your cookies and then log in.
    What browser are you using?
  4. julienrl

julienrl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 28, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I have the same issue, I also get logged out every 20-30 minute, I use the latest firefox.
  5. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Yup. Me too. Like surfing in glue today. Nothing wrong with my browser, it is this site that is having a slooooooow day.
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi everyone, I'm logged out too automaticly. Don't understand why. At dpreview and twitter I can login and stay login. I'm using microsoft explorer 8.
  7. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    Did you have the browser "save" your log in info?
    The first time you log in a new site, a bar under your tab bar will show up to "remember" your log in info. Click on "Remember"...
    You should not have to ever log in again when open that wed-site.
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Interesting. I will alert the Administrators to this. I haven't had any issues on the site and use Safari, however there is another odd thing going on which has been posted about and noted here: regarding email notifications regarding new posts (if you've subscribed to a thread) and PM notifications from several days ago arriving today.

We'll get the calvary out soon to investigate!
  9. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Login "problem" with IE8

Hi, I got to login twice before actually become loggedin.
    User Name and Password twice.
    Does anyone of you have the same "problem" ?
  10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Regarding the log in problems that some have been having, the only suggestions seem to be to try the "cookie clearing" and such options that have been discussed before in this thread. It's possible that it could be something to do with some people's connections or browsers.

For example, I use Safari 5.0.1 and have Verizon Fios and am always logged in.

If you continue to have problems, take a look back through this thread and see if following the suggestions help.
  11. julienrl

julienrl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 28, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    clicking on the checkbox fixed it for me. thanks!
  12. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I have more trouble on other sites compared to this one. Login is OK but I get a 'freeze' situation where I have to restart the link. I use Firefox but have recently tried Safari (Windows version) and it seems to reduce this problem and it seems faster too.