1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Behind the scenes - E-PL1 Ad filmed with E-PL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brian Mosley, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Pretty amazing kit used here, a bit naughty showing the E-PL1 + kit lens on a monopod in the final scene... after we see the heavy duty ZD optics used throughout! :eek: 

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/L6DijVApReI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/L6DijVApReI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed>

Let's see... I spotted the ZD 7-14 f4, ZD 35-100 f2, ZD 150mm f2, ZD 90-250 f2.8, ZD 50mm f2, ZD 50-200mm f2.8-3.5... oh and the mZD 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 :rofl:

Now, can we have some SHG mZD lenses please Olympus? :wink:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  2. mauve

mauve Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Interesting, even more if you look closely (for instance at 1:46) : are they are shooting tethered ? I thought it wasn't possible. If not, what's this cable used for ? Did they benefit from a special custom FW from Olympus ?

Lots of questions....

3. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Mauve, at 1:50 you can see they have it plugged into a HDV mini-laptop - probably just using it as a live view screen.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  4. mauve

mauve Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    I thought it wasn't possible either, was I wrong ?

5. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    There's a HDMI socket on the side... so I guess so.

Cheers

Brian

6. mauve

mauve Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    From what I know, HDMI is only available in playback mode. I'm still wondering. In fact I thought the Panasonic-made, ARM derived, processor of the e-pX wasn't powerful enough to encode movies while driving a hdmi output.

7. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Well, I'm sure we can find out... must dash now, but will have a look later today.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  8. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

It looks like they are just using a mini dv device to dump footage to for back-up maybe. I don't they are actually shooting anything at 1:50

9. scantron

scantron Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2010
  10. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    No, I hadn't seen that one... can't believe the number of shots being taken in Art Filter mode with jpeg, I always shoot raw and apply Art Filters in the free Olympus Viewer software.

You gotta love SHG glass though! :biggrin:

Cheers

Brian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.