1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Behind the Lens - for Australian Viewers

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, Aug 22, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I'm not sure if this has been on before, or how good it is, but the guide doesn't indicate that it's a repeat and may be of interest to Australian viewers:

Channel One
    Behind the Lens
    3:00pm - 4:00pm

2. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    One of those guys is Steffen Binke...A really cool underwater portraitist!

3. Bomber

Bomber Mu-43 Veteran

Hi Ray , Its on ONE over this neck of the woods at 2PM.

Cheers Glen

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I always forget the time difference and don't mention EST.

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Not too bad a program at all. I didn't realise it would be all Australian photographers, good to see for a change. The variety of subjects covered was also great. I initially thought the swimming pool stuff was going to be a bit twee, but the shots actually looked quite good. And I'd have to say the guy photographing the animals was the best (also looked and sounded a bit like the previous Dr Who). I can sympathise with the nature photographer when it comes to weddings (some of his shots looked like mine). And a good message about still photography.

It also looks like none of them are too concerned about the size and weight of their cameras and lenses. I was really trying to spot a Sony A7 somewhere in that mix (I never expected a m4/3 camera). :biggrin:

6. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, could someone post a web link to info on this series?

I only found a preview with no links (
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzk_TzFf8II
    ) and Steffen Binke's site.

I also found a PBS page about a "Behind the Lens" series, but it's BTS of shows (cinematography/production), not photography-oriented.

Sorry for the awkward formatting of the URL, but I DON'T want the video embedded and didn't see another way.

Thanks,
    Barry

7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I don't know if there is a link. I searched before the program started and got nothing like what it was actually about.

8. Bomber

Bomber Mu-43 Veteran

Hi All, I went searching as well and could`nt find anything . I really enjoyed the program. The war photography fella and his work left a bit of an impression on me.

Cheers Glen.