1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Beginner: Asking about Olympus EP2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nongce23, Jun 15, 2013.

1. nongce23

nongce23 New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2013
    Hi,

I am totally new to photography so I hope you can help me on this. I want to get a Micro 3/4 camera but my budge is limited. I found a Olympus EP2 (without basic lens) and a Lumix 14-42 len set on Craigslist for $280. Do you think I should get the set? Should I just get the body and buy the len separately.

Thank you very much for all your help.

I really appreciate it

2. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    It is difficult to comment on that specific price, especially in what for me is a foreign currency, but you might find the E-PL2 better value than the E-P2.

3. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    To the OP: Are you in the U.S.? If so, for a bit less money ($249) think this refurbished E-PL3 with lens from Cameta Camera is a much, much better deal. Olympus warranies refurbs for 90 days... But Cameta extends that to a full year. Link to silver version...

Olympus PEN E-PL3 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera & 14-42mm II Lens (Silver) - Factory Demo includes Full 1 Year Warranty

Link to black version...

Olympus PEN E-PL3 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera & 14-42mm II Lens (Black) - Factory Demo includes Full 1 Year Warranty

And if you simply prefer the EP Pen body, they have a refurbed E-P3 with lens for only $319...

Olympus PEN E-P3 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera & 14-42mm II Lens (Silver) - Factory Demo includes Full 1 Year Warranty

I don't work for Cameta but many of us here have done business with them. Buy with confidence.

4. nongce23

nongce23 New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2013
    Thank you very much. I'm in South Korea actually. I'm very new to the micro 3/4 but I will consider your recommendation. Will check out the E-P3 price.

5. nongce23

nongce23 New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2013
    Thank you very much for your timely response. I checked out your gallery on flickr. The photos are amazing. Great work!

6. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    Why, thank you!

7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I think, generally, you will usually do better going through a real camera retailer who is either selling refurbs or closing out brand-new cameras that are being replaced with the latest models. Most of the time, people trying to sell used cameras are trying to get a certain return on their original investment. The retailers, after a certain point, just want to move the merchandise to make room for the new stuff.

Adorama, a very reputable camera store in New York, is selling brand-new E-P3's with lens for $369.

Olympus E-P3 PEN Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens,Black V204031BU000