Beginner: Asking about Olympus EP2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nongce23, Jun 15, 2013.

1. nongce23

nongce23 New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2013
    Hi,

I am totally new to photography so I hope you can help me on this. I want to get a Micro 3/4 camera but my budge is limited. I found a Olympus EP2 (without basic lens) and a Lumix 14-42 len set on Craigslist for $280. Do you think I should get the set? Should I just get the body and buy the len separately.

Thank you very much for all your help.

I really appreciate it

2. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    It is difficult to comment on that specific price, especially in what for me is a foreign currency, but you might find the E-PL2 better value than the E-P2.

3. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    To the OP: Are you in the U.S.? If so, for a bit less money ($249) think this refurbished E-PL3 with lens from Cameta Camera is a much, much better deal. Olympus warranies refurbs for 90 days... But Cameta extends that to a full year. Link to silver version...

Olympus PEN E-PL3 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera & 14-42mm II Lens (Silver) - Factory Demo includes Full 1 Year Warranty

Link to black version...

Olympus PEN E-PL3 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera & 14-42mm II Lens (Black) - Factory Demo includes Full 1 Year Warranty

And if you simply prefer the EP Pen body, they have a refurbed E-P3 with lens for only $319...

Olympus PEN E-P3 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera & 14-42mm II Lens (Silver) - Factory Demo includes Full 1 Year Warranty

I don't work for Cameta but many of us here have done business with them. Buy with confidence.

4. nongce23

nongce23 New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2013
    Thank you very much. I'm in South Korea actually. I'm very new to the micro 3/4 but I will consider your recommendation. Will check out the E-P3 price.

5. nongce23

nongce23 New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2013
    Thank you very much for your timely response. I checked out your gallery on flickr. The photos are amazing. Great work!

6. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    Why, thank you!

7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I think, generally, you will usually do better going through a real camera retailer who is either selling refurbs or closing out brand-new cameras that are being replaced with the latest models. Most of the time, people trying to sell used cameras are trying to get a certain return on their original investment. The retailers, after a certain point, just want to move the merchandise to make room for the new stuff.

Adorama, a very reputable camera store in New York, is selling brand-new E-P3's with lens for $369.

Olympus E-P3 PEN Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens,Black V204031BU000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.