Before and After

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by swampduck, May 29, 2013.

1. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    I downloaded Topaz Clarity and started messing with it this evening. I previously posted a picture that I PP'd before Topaz, using LR4.

I redid the same picture using Topaz, then I went in an tweaked a little bit in LR4

I like both, but want an opinion on which appears to be more pleasing? I like the fact that Topaz allowed me to do a quick preset to get close result to my final output. I didn't have to spend as much time in PP using it as I did with just LR4 alone. I like both, but they put me into different "moods" when looking at them
  2. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    First one does it for me. Like the more subdued colors and tonal patterns. Nicely done.
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    The second shot looks more natural to me. :cool:
  4. Dan Ka

Dan Ka Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2011
    Northeastern Ohio
    I prefer the sky in the second and the sand in the first. It looks like you didn't vignette the second.
  5. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    You're right, didn't realize that til you said something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  6. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    The second works better for me.
  7. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Second here as well, but I'd also level the horizon.
  8. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    I prefer the sky of the second one and everyhting else from the first one, it looks more vibrant on the grass colours.

+1 on leveling the horizon.
  9. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I like the second more, but the colour of the sky does not look right. The vignette doesn't work for me in the first. Ditto on the horizon.
  10. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    The second one looks more natural - but adding my voice to chorus about the horizon. Additionally - was the blue somehow increased? I know the sky can be really blue on good days - and that may be the case here - but I think this is borderline excessive?
  11. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Horizon appears tilted in both and sand blown out in both(less so in the first). The sky looks more natural in the first except for the vignetted corners. I like the idea of the fencing bringing the viewer down to the secluded beach. It is peaceful. Wish I was there.
  12. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I like the first and there is more detail in the first image, especially noticeable in the sand and shrub.

I do agree with others that the sky looks better in the second with less cyan in evidence.