Been gone a while. Dropped my EM5. Oh well.

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've been away for a long time from chatting about my gear, but still taking photos!

Darn, I dropped my OMD EM5 Mk I yesterday. It seems to work OK, but I can now hear the sensor assembly erractically banging as it tries to stabilize. The LCD image jumps when this happens.

Error codes were: 8222 8807 8201 8222
Clicked OK to clear them, and nothing came back.

I will send it in for the $149 service. Not an opportunity to upgrade to an EM5 MK II. I have been using this in concert with my GX85, so I don't really care about new features.

On the plus side, today I found my Panasonic 20mm that I thought I had lost in 2017. It was behind my file cabinet, quite dusty, but with both caps in place.

Humansvillian

New to Mu-43
This is why, I like Oly cameras.

For $150 you can take a big family out to a small dinner and maybe a movie, or fix your camera that cost near a thousand dollars new 7 years ago.

You’ll buy another one, when you have the coin, and somebody will buy your old one. Or, you can rebuild your old one tie ad again.

Olympus MFT cameras can be a lifetime purchase.

West's Camera

New to Mu-43
Just a thought for a cheap replacement. Little known. The Olympus PM2 has the same sensor as the OMD EM5 mrk 1. Much cheaper than to buy another EM5.

Humansvillian

New to Mu-43
Just a thought for a cheap replacement. Little known. The Olympus PM2 has the same sensor as the OMD EM5 mrk 1. Much cheaper than to buy another EM5.
I’ve owned a Pen Mini 2 (PM2) and it was a wonderful small camera body.

But the five axis IBIS of the M5 (also P5, M1, and M5II) is worth getting an M5 repaired.

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I first got this camera on June 8, 2012, so I'm sure many of you would have have scrapped it by now..

It arrived at the NJ facility today and I am going tor refrain from checking the repair status. It should be back home next week. And the repair warranty should cover a year. It will also have a Olympus cleaned sensor. LOL. I first did a wet clean on this camera around July of 2012, just to do it

I guess my camera gear buying phase is over. I have an EPL1, EPM1, this EM5, EPL5, GM1, and GX85. The GM1's touchscreen no longer works because of a cracked LCD, so I don't use it. The other cameras work. No interest in anything new.

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Came back 7 days after I sent it in, in worse shape than before. Powers up with black LCD unless in SCN or ART mode where I get the menu, but buttons inoperative. Once, it reset itself and seemed to work, but IS1 alarm was lit, and after power down was black again. Back it goes. Come on Oly guys. You've done better.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom