1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Been given a 2x converter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dpj, Aug 18, 2011.

1. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Hey, i have been given a 2x converter and am a little confused what lenses i canuse with it, and what type of adaptor i need to use for my E-PL1. Written on it is -

Vivitar MC Tele Converter 2x-22

Any info would be brilliant peeps:thumbup:

2. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Converters are mount specific. They can only be used for lens mounts they were designed for. So it's only useful to you if you have a lens with that mount and the corresponding M43 adapter.

After some googling, I think a 2X-22 means it's a Pentax (PK bayonet) mount converter. You might get replies indicating "MC" means Minolta mount, but in this case, I am sure it means "multi-coated". Does it look like this one?

Vivitar 2X-22 teleconverter

I also have a couple of 2X and 3X converters I got for free, as well as a couple I actually bought 30-40 years ago, although they probably only cost $20 back then. I don't find them any fun to use at all with my old lenses. Yours may be of higher quality than mine.

3. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Thanks for the info harrysue, very helpfull, and yes it is exactly the same as the one in the link. I will give it a go as i have managed to cobble together and EOS mount for the back end, i just need to find a lens or two to try with it. Thanks again, Darren.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.