Been given a 2x converter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dpj, Aug 18, 2011.

1. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Hey, i have been given a 2x converter and am a little confused what lenses i canuse with it, and what type of adaptor i need to use for my E-PL1. Written on it is -

Vivitar MC Tele Converter 2x-22

Any info would be brilliant peeps:thumbup:
  2. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Converters are mount specific. They can only be used for lens mounts they were designed for. So it's only useful to you if you have a lens with that mount and the corresponding M43 adapter.

After some googling, I think a 2X-22 means it's a Pentax (PK bayonet) mount converter. You might get replies indicating "MC" means Minolta mount, but in this case, I am sure it means "multi-coated". Does it look like this one?

Vivitar 2X-22 teleconverter

I also have a couple of 2X and 3X converters I got for free, as well as a couple I actually bought 30-40 years ago, although they probably only cost $20 back then. I don't find them any fun to use at all with my old lenses. Yours may be of higher quality than mine.
  3. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Thanks for the info harrysue, very helpfull, and yes it is exactly the same as the one in the link. I will give it a go as i have managed to cobble together and EOS mount for the back end, i just need to find a lens or two to try with it. Thanks again, Darren.