Beautiful eyes

jesse

Mu-43 Regular
By G1 and 100mm f2.0 Kinoptik and 50/1.0 Noctilux
P1090392s.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1090385s.jpg

P1090586s.jpg

P1090621s.jpg

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Jesse, A great set of images! Yes lovely eyes and smile. Nice light! Love #3 as well.

Now I can appreciate how difficult it is to take nice portrait like this. I shot one on Saturday and the shadow around the chin appealed horrible.
Can anyone advise where I can pose such pics to get suggestions for improvement?

thank you

ric

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Jesse, A great set of images! Yes lovely eyes and smile. Nice light! Love #3 as well.

Now I can appreciate how difficult it is to take nice portrait like this. I shot one on Saturday and the shadow around the chin appealed horrible.
Can anyone advise where I can pose such pics to get suggestions for improvement?

thank you

ric
Advice goes best with sharing examples posted here. They don't have to be from this nice level posted above to get started. But you have to start practizing to get there...
- One day soon I will do too. My parents just decided & announced to visit us here in Japan once more this year, so before they arrive I need to have me set tools ready!!!

Oh, I like the 2nd photo best, more natural, but 2&3 are both too good for me to give advice on how to improve
- 1st, Crop at the top to limit attention to wall / chair?!?!?!
- 4th, One eye out of focus --> stop down lens or improve focus

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks so much for your prompt response. I would like to learn more about portraits and I will start a new thread.

Guess with your parents coming for another visit that says a lot - they must enjoy Japan and misses you too!. So get going to prepare for they arrival.

chat with you later

cheers

ric

Vulcanrider

Mu-43 Rookie
Fav is #3

Terrific set of portraits.
My favorite is #2. However, if the eyes were in sharp focus in #1 I would choose that.

Thanks much for posting and enjoy the parents' visit!

regards,
Alan

yekimrd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mikey
Framing-wise, #3 is the best but for overall eye sharpness (I assume you wanted to emphasize on her beautiful eyes), my vote is #2. But a great set, nonetheless and a very beautiful young lady.

Latest threads

Top Bottom