1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Be patient! Your order will come.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by okinana, Apr 12, 2012.

1. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Why don't we all just be patient? No matter what we say and how we whine, it will not get here sooner. All we know is....IT will come. :frown: :mad: :sad010: :dash2:

Patiently waiting for my OM-D EM-5. No fretting and no whining. :2thumbs:

:rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    But I want it noooooOOOOOOOOooooow.... Pout. :D

- Eliot

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If u remain impatient then AMBULANCE will come..:rofl: stress and too much excitement can trigger heart attack...lol
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    All I hear is the WAMBULANCE...

:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    If you build it, they will come.

So now you all know what you have to do...

6. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Waaa, waaa, I want an OMD .. waaaa, waaaa, waaaa!"
    "Did someone call the wambulance, WAAA! WAAA! WAAA!"

:rofl::rofl::dash2::dash2::drama:

7. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Actually I've been pretty patient so far. But now that is en-route I'm getting more impatient and anxious =/ I paid for ground shipping though, they said overnight shipping is $80 and 2nd day is $40. I'm not THAT impatient to pay that much for shipping lol

8. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Same here. I'm pretty patient. Out of sight and out of mind until I click on the tracking number and:

"Arrived at CA headquarters, in route to destination" :eek:

*violently braces computer monitor*

"FedEX, UPS, FedUp, PLEEEEEASE...don't F this up!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I'm not having a problem waiting

It just bothers me that my camera is delayed due to a holiday or whatever you call it. My EP3 is working just fine. I really did not want that new zoom and ordered the black body only so I may 'really' have to wait. But then a later assembled cam may have better QC so I really can't complain. :smile:

10. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    If anyone's interested, might want to give Wolfe's Camera in Kansas a call, I think they've got some E-M5 kits in. Just got call from them that they have a black kit and wanted to see if I'm interested in it since I asked for the silver body only. They were just going down the list of people who pre-ordered with them. Looks like these smaller shops are getting the cameras first. Either that or B&H already got stock sitting there waiting for them.

11. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    while waiting

While waiting, I got myself a good deal on an E-PM1. At first my plan was to get this E-PM1 and use it until the OM-D E-M5 gets here. Now I have modified my plan a bit. I am contemplating on keeping this little monster even when the OM-D arrives. I enjoy shooting with it. I just installed the Aki Asahi leatherette that arrived yesterday and the G4 grip that came the day before. :2thumbs:

IMG_0141 _Snapseed by okinana, on Flickr

IMG_0140 _Snapseed by okinana, on Flickr

12. bluebubbleboy

bluebubbleboy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Colorado
    Yeah....um, I get a little obsessive once my items ship. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to maps and geography, so when I was waiting on one of my lenses to ship (can't even remember which one now) I set up a Google Map that tracked each location my lens stopped at. That way I could, in a sense, see how close my package was getting. :redface:

13. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    I placed my order last week with Amazon, so I may have a bit of a wait. I still have my other cameras in the mean time. It would have been nice to have to take to Baltimore this weekend. Maybe It'll be here so I can take it to Morgantown with me in two weeks. I kind of doubt that though.

14. olydebut

olydebut Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2012
    Yeah... we need to be patient and not to be impatient or we will be a patient in the wa ambulance . Four days to go before mid april. Im just gonna count sheeps... 1..2..3..
    Oooh, nice toy Okinana

15. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
  16. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    this is the main reason (other than the longer than expected wait) I was flip flopping a bit since I would like to get higher IQ than my E-PL1. if this isn't the case, I may end up selling my m4/3 kit and bite the bullet on the X Pro 1. Decisions, decisions....

17. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    The X Pro 1 owner reviews are mixed, with quite a few somewhat dissatisfied owners (e.g. check out amazon.com and read the reviews + comments).

I am buying the E-M5 for its much better video capability as compared to my E-PL1 (sharper, more detailed video, stereo sound with wind filter, more responsive auto white balance, much less rolling shutter wobble and much better image stabilization), but I am not expecting the still image quality to be better except at higher iso's. The Fugi's, Sony's and Panasonics have too many color/white balance problems to be of much interest to me, although the upcoming GH3 could be tempting if it offers true 1080p/60p video (1000 lines of horizontal and vertical video resolution) capability like the current prosumer camcorders from Panasonic do.