1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Be careful with Beavers

Discussion in 'Nature' started by digitalandfilm, Apr 13, 2013.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    This little guy killed a photographer (bit through artery in leg)...

<iframe src='http://embed.newsinc.com/Single/iframe.html?WID=1&VID=24730753&freewheel=69016&sitesection=nydailynews&width=635&height=357' height='357' width='635' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Gosh.
    I know that otters can bite a finger off, so I guess a beaver's capability is a magnitude more powerful than that.
    When swans start coming towards me, as they usually do if I'm carrying a Tesco bag, I go.

3. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I love nature photography.

4. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I'm not sure I believe this. While there seems to be some sound, wouldn't you yell or scream if an animal attacked?

5. TDP

TDP Guest

Momma always warned me to be-ware them beavers :)

Funny story, my father is a minister. Very serious man, not one to crack a joke or ever laugh. Anyway, he used to live in a cabin on the lake in his town. There was this beaver that kept chewing up the main boards under the cabin. He tried trapping it but it never worked. Since he lived in the town limits he couldn't fire a weapon without a permit, so he went to the courthouse and got a license to fire his 22 pistol specifically to get rid of the pest.

As my father and mother are telling me this story over the breakfast table one visit I said "Dad, you must be the envy of all your friends. You don't hear of to many 60 year old ministers with official beaver hunting licenses."

My mother kicked me under the table....

6. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
  7. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Russians are tough.