Be Careful What You Wish For

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Arctic Photog, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Arctic Photog

Arctic Photog Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Canada's Arctic
    Well I was home for 2 nights from my last trip to Baffin Island when I was informed that I had to return the next day. :frown: I was on my way to Kimmirut to supervise the unloading of a fuel tanker. On the morning I was leaving the winds were gusting to 93 kph :eek:, I thought the flight would be canceled but the charter company said it would be no problem. Well I survived another terrifying flight or should I say roller coaster ride in the sky. :2thumbs:

Here are a few shots I managed to get in between working.

This is the MS Nanny one of the tankers I work with

Here she is anchored and ready to start pumping off fuel

This is the small village of Kimmirut

I took this shot while standing atop a million liter diesel tank

Some of the shots could have been better but I worked around the clock for about 40 hours with no sleep.

Thanks for looking
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Wow! What glorious desolation!
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Arctic, I think these are really nice. You're getting wonderful results with your camera but you also have the eye for that landscape up there. Such a different world, so still looking.

There's something about that first one and the fog rolling over the mountains in the last... Quite lovely, but I don't envy you your flights, that's for sure!:eek:
  4. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I really like your perspective and composition (and of course the nice scenery that was captured in your photos)!
  5. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    See the mist covering the inlet in the distance? Neat?

Great colour in those shots.

Bokeh Diem
  6. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Thank you, Artic Photog, for sharing some interesting views of a part of the world of which I barely know anything !

Stay safe,
  7. Arctic Photog

Arctic Photog Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Canada's Arctic
    Thanks for the comments everyone

The E-PL1 has got me back into making photos of the things I enjoy. I used to always bring my Nikon DSLR with me but I never used it that much. Now with the PEN I can keep it around my neck as I work and it doesn't get in the way.

Awesome little camera :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 1