Be Careful What You Wish For

Arctic Photog

Mu-43 Regular
Well I was home for 2 nights from my last trip to Baffin Island when I was informed that I had to return the next day. :frown: I was on my way to Kimmirut to supervise the unloading of a fuel tanker. On the morning I was leaving the winds were gusting to 93 kph :eek:, I thought the flight would be canceled but the charter company said it would be no problem. Well I survived another terrifying flight or should I say roller coaster ride in the sky. :2thumbs:

Here are a few shots I managed to get in between working.

This is the MS Nanny one of the tankers I work with
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here she is anchored and ready to start pumping off fuel

This is the small village of Kimmirut

I took this shot while standing atop a million liter diesel tank

Some of the shots could have been better but I worked around the clock for about 40 hours with no sleep.

Thanks for looking

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Arctic, I think these are really nice. You're getting wonderful results with your camera but you also have the eye for that landscape up there. Such a different world, so still looking.

There's something about that first one and the fog rolling over the mountains in the last... Quite lovely, but I don't envy you your flights, that's for sure!:eek:

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
See the mist covering the inlet in the distance? Neat?

Great colour in those shots.

Bokeh Diem

Arctic Photog

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the comments everyone

The E-PL1 has got me back into making photos of the things I enjoy. I used to always bring my Nikon DSLR with me but I never used it that much. Now with the PEN I can keep it around my neck as I work and it doesn't get in the way.

Awesome little camera :2thumbs:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom