1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Be Careful What You Wish For

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Arctic Photog, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Arctic Photog

Arctic Photog Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Canada's Arctic
    Well I was home for 2 nights from my last trip to Baffin Island when I was informed that I had to return the next day. :frown: I was on my way to Kimmirut to supervise the unloading of a fuel tanker. On the morning I was leaving the winds were gusting to 93 kph :eek:, I thought the flight would be canceled but the charter company said it would be no problem. Well I survived another terrifying flight or should I say roller coaster ride in the sky. :2thumbs:

Here are a few shots I managed to get in between working.

This is the MS Nanny one of the tankers I work with
    P6280247.JPG

Here she is anchored and ready to start pumping off fuel
    P6280248.JPG

This is the small village of Kimmirut
    [​IMG]

I took this shot while standing atop a million liter diesel tank
    P6290257.JPG

Some of the shots could have been better but I worked around the clock for about 40 hours with no sleep.

Thanks for looking

• Like Like x 3
  2. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Wow! What glorious desolation!

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Arctic, I think these are really nice. You're getting wonderful results with your camera but you also have the eye for that landscape up there. Such a different world, so still looking.

There's something about that first one and the fog rolling over the mountains in the last... Quite lovely, but I don't envy you your flights, that's for sure!:eek:

4. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I really like your perspective and composition (and of course the nice scenery that was captured in your photos)!

5. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    See the mist covering the inlet in the distance? Neat?

Great colour in those shots.

Bokeh Diem

6. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Thank you, Artic Photog, for sharing some interesting views of a part of the world of which I barely know anything !

Stay safe,
    Rafael

7. Arctic Photog

Arctic Photog Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Canada's Arctic
    Thanks for the comments everyone

The E-PL1 has got me back into making photos of the things I enjoy. I used to always bring my Nikon DSLR with me but I never used it that much. Now with the PEN I can keep it around my neck as I work and it doesn't get in the way.

Awesome little camera :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1