Bayonet hood for II(R) kit lens?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Promit, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Is there a bayonet-mount hood available for the new kit lenses? I'd like to keep the filter threads for actual filters if I can. Something that reverses for storage would be great.

2. robertmwilliams

robertmwilliams Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
  4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Excellent, looks like the RainbowImaging piece is exactly what I'm looking for.

5. wirehead

wirehead Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 15, 2011
    I have the aforementioned RinbowImaging LH-40 clone. Seems to be just fine. And it reverses on the lens for storage.

Just be warned... as a square hood, it's still possible to flare the lens. And it does block the onboard flash.

6. Guanyou

Guanyou New to Mu-43

Aug 31, 2011
    Hi all,

I just got my ep3 today and was looking online for a lens hood. The only original olympus hood is LP-40, an overpriced and boring looking black hood - I wanted a silver hood to complement my shiny lens and white body.

I went to look for some cheaper replacement lens (like JJC) from the above website but couldn't find any ones I wanted. Ep3 has a 37mm filter thread and bayonet mount so I tried looking for other lens in that category and all I could find is some camcorder DV lens.

So my question is, is the Olympus lens hood mount unique, or can any other hood that uses same mount type and 37mm fit do the job? I'm new to photography so have not seen how other hoods look like

7. anidel

anidel Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    Twickenham, Uk
    Which one people suggest? the petal or the squared one?