Bavarian gunman

silverbullet

Mu-43 Veteran
Johan & Bill:

Yes, the pic looks sharp but I guess that the 20mm Panny got the wrong focus point. So I used the 'magic brush' in Lightroom3 to sharpen the eyes a bit and the white hairs from the beard in some areas.
The more I shoot with the Pen the more i like the colours of the little cam. The pics from Sicily were the start. But the b/w conversion in LR3 plus the new 'Grain' feature is smart......No wet fingers from the developer....:thumbup:

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Bernd, I saw this portrait earlier in your gallery and I immediately fell in love! You have clearly have a wonderful rapport with your portrait subjects. The colors are fantastic and the sharpness looks good to me.

I'm guessing that this was at some sort of festival or fair - at a shooting gallery game?

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Good lord...is that what you consider a bit soft? I should be so lucky to get stuff that nice. Lovely. :2thumbs:

silverbullet

Mu-43 Veteran
Bernd, I saw this portrait earlier in your gallery and I immediately fell in love! You have clearly have a wonderful rapport with your portrait subjects. The colors are fantastic and the sharpness looks good to me.

I'm guessing that this was at some sort of festival or fair - at a shooting gallery game?
Yes, it was in Garmisch. A band played folk music and modern titles, all wearing the traditional clothing plus instruments.....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hansaplast26

Mu-43 Rookie
very cool well balanced picture. the colors are great too. I am not so good in taking portraits, so i would like to learn and practice. the 20mm is definitely suitable!

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Bernd, I was fooling around with my 20mm this week and I too find that the 20mm missed focus quiet often. I try focusing on the boundary between two tones and it works out better. I have resorted to AF follow by MF to lock in focus point if possible.

cheers

ric

Johan & Bill:

Yes, the pic looks sharp but I guess that the 20mm Panny got the wrong focus point. So I used the 'magic brush' in Lightroom3 to sharpen the eyes a bit and the white hairs from the beard in some areas.
The more I shoot with the Pen the more i like the colours of the little cam. The pics from Sicily were the start. But the b/w conversion in LR3 plus the new 'Grain' feature is smart......No wet fingers from the developer....:thumbup:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom