1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bavarian gunman

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by silverbullet, Oct 19, 2010.

1. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Sharp where it needs to be imho.

3. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

You mean the Gun man?? The Picture looks pretty sharp to me!!

Nice colors, very natural. I like that!

Johan

4. silverbullet

Feb 10, 2010
    Johan & Bill:

Yes, the pic looks sharp but I guess that the 20mm Panny got the wrong focus point. So I used the 'magic brush' in Lightroom3 to sharpen the eyes a bit and the white hairs from the beard in some areas.
    The more I shoot with the Pen the more i like the colours of the little cam. The pics from Sicily were the start. But the b/w conversion in LR3 plus the new 'Grain' feature is smart......No wet fingers from the developer....:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Bernd, I saw this portrait earlier in your gallery and I immediately fell in love! You have clearly have a wonderful rapport with your portrait subjects. The colors are fantastic and the sharpness looks good to me.

I'm guessing that this was at some sort of festival or fair - at a shooting gallery game?

• Like Like x 1
  6. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Good lord...is that what you consider a bit soft? I should be so lucky to get stuff that nice. Lovely. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

Agreed!

8. silverbullet

Feb 10, 2010
    Yes, it was in Garmisch. A band played folk music and modern titles, all wearing the traditional clothing plus instruments.....

Music2_1_von_1_.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 2
  9. BBW

Wonderful! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    His cardy is to die for.

11. Hansaplast26

Hansaplast26 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    very cool well balanced picture. the colors are great too. I am not so good in taking portraits, so i would like to learn and practice. the 20mm is definitely suitable!

12. Jackson Miller

Jackson Miller Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 29, 2010
    Just bought one of these can't wait until it gets here!

13. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
  14. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
    Hi Bernd, I was fooling around with my 20mm this week and I too find that the 20mm missed focus quiet often. I try focusing on the boundary between two tones and it works out better. I have resorted to AF follow by MF to lock in focus point if possible.

cheers

ric

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.