Battery Question!!!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Extract0r, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Extract0r

Extract0r Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    A few weeks ago, I bought a used E-PM2 from one of the forum members.
    Yesterday, I have noticed that the battery that came with the camera has a date of 2011-03-11.

The battery (BLS-5) looks to be in great shape but I am wondering how a camera released in September 2012 could have come with a battery from March 2011.

Can someone with an E-PM2 please check the date on their battery? Just curious if the batteries got mixed up by the seller or not.

2. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    The new BLS-5 started coming out at around that time back in 2011 to "replace" BLS-1. The one you got was probably from the first batch or so. BLS-5 is compatible with a couple older PEN cameras so it is entirely possible to get an earlier dated battery than the E-PM2 release date.

However I do not know if it's normal to get a new camera with a such dated battery. My E-M5 came with a battery manufactured from the same month. Well... as long as it works normally I wouldn't worry too much about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.