Battery life?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Jan Cehlárik, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Jan Cehlárik

Jan Cehlárik New to Mu-43

Jul 29, 2016
    Jan Cehlárik

Please take a picture of the number of photos on the Olympus OM-D EM10 MKII with battery BLS-50? I get over 240 photos even though I IS off and take pictures through the viewfinder
  2. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Jan (John) Kusters
    The number of pictures can vary wildly, depending on how fast you shoot. Experiments I did with my E-M5 showed me that the time the camera is switched on is the most clear indication of battery use; with my E-M5 the battery is drained after 2 to 2,5 hours on. It does not matter much whether I use the EVF or the back screen, IS on or off, or whether I shoot 5 pictures or 1200 in that time.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. HalPAnderson

HalPAnderson Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Buy and carry extra batteries and don't worry about it. Mirrorless cameras are like that.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    So how much juice does it take to power on? Is there a cut-off time period where it makes sense to just leave power on rather than continually powering on/off. i.e. do I just leave it on for X amount of time rather than power off then back on and run the sensor clean etc. ??
  5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The problem is that it has to run the sensor full time to show you the viewfinder or LCD. The sensor is battery hungry.
    • Like Like x 1