Battery life?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Jan Cehlárik, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Jan Cehlárik

Jan Cehlárik New to Mu-43

Jul 29, 2016
    Jan Cehlárik
    Hello

Please take a picture of the number of photos on the Olympus OM-D EM10 MKII with battery BLS-50? I get over 240 photos even though I IS off and take pictures through the viewfinder

2. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    The number of pictures can vary wildly, depending on how fast you shoot. Experiments I did with my E-M5 showed me that the time the camera is switched on is the most clear indication of battery use; with my E-M5 the battery is drained after 2 to 2,5 hours on. It does not matter much whether I use the EVF or the back screen, IS on or off, or whether I shoot 5 pictures or 1200 in that time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. HalPAnderson

HalPAnderson Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Buy and carry extra batteries and don't worry about it. Mirrorless cameras are like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    So how much juice does it take to power on? Is there a cut-off time period where it makes sense to just leave power on rather than continually powering on/off. i.e. do I just leave it on for X amount of time rather than power off then back on and run the sensor clean etc. ??

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

The problem is that it has to run the sensor full time to show you the viewfinder or LCD. The sensor is battery hungry.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.