Battery for E-pl2 in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by syilim, Jan 31, 2011.

1. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    Hey all.
    I'm trying to get my hands on some spare BLS-1 batteries for my E-pl2. I'm at Vancouver for the time being, so was wondering if you guys any idea where the best place to get the batteries are.

I've read some good reviews on the 1400mAh flashpoint ones from Adorama, but the cost for delivery is quite substantial. UPS Worldwide Express:$33.05, Fedex international economy:$48.55, Fedex international priority:$50.55, on top of the $19.90 for the 2 batteries.

I've also seen some on Ebay.ca, 2x 1200mAh, 7.4V, for $15.99, by Neewer., but not sure what brand those are so not sure whether they're any good. The delivery time on these seems pretty good since they're from Canada anyways, and i kind of need the batteries asap.

So given that I'm in Vancouver, and want to hopefully get the batteries within a few days, what would be the best option? If Adorama, which delivery option should i choose?? It'll be my first time ordering anything online to Vancouver, so not sure on the best services.

I've read that some people are charging BLS-1 batteries with the new BCS-5 charger and haven't found any problems as of yet. Any more confirmation on this?

As for the other topic, camera case for E-pl2. Where would be the best place to get those?

Thanks alot.

2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Hi fellow Vancouverite.

I picked up some generic BLS-1's from Amazon.ca...I think they're all coming from the same factories in China. I picked up 2 for 10$ + 5$ shipping (2-3 weeks or so standard option). Was well worth it when I was on vacation in the winter cold.

3. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I too got a BLS1 from Amazon - UK. It was about £6 and it works fine.
    I think it is the same as the official Olympus battery that costs about £60, but without the official branding.

4. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    There are two major camera shops in Vancouver:

They are almost guaranteed to have the Olympus batteries, and have several locations each.

That failing, places like London Drugs, Best Buy and Futureshop should have it too.

5. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    Thanks for the info. Will most probably just get one from amazon.ca then. Don't seem like theres many other options that are cheaper anyways.

Been checking lens and shutter, broadway camera, as well as all the other local shops, they usually don't have it or when they do, its OEM and rather expensive =(

6. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
  7. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    if you want the bls5, they are about 15 dollars on ebay. But the bls1 should work

8. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    I eventually went with the flash point ones from Adorama. Cost more overall due to shipping compared to if i brought some from Ebay, but at least i know the flash point ones are rated fairly high. Got some other bits and bobs to make the most out of the shipping charge. Should be arriving today!