Battery charging on the move

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
Which is the fastest way to recharge Lumix batteries while in a vehicle, with the battery out of the camera? e.g. G9 battery

I would think if the OEM one that came with the camera is faster than any of your third party chargers. in a car it might still be fastest with the OEM AC charger. Just add a car inverter to give you a (for USA types) 120V AC plug and plug your normal "house" charger into that.

Of course I don't own any Panasonic bodies and therefore no experience with their batteries, so take my comments at the same value you paid for them. :biggrin:

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
do you think it is better than the USB chargers noted above?

if so, why?

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
do you think it is better than the USB chargers noted above?

if so, why?

Depends on which ones you are talking about but going one page back I only see the one mentioned from Amazon from Progo and the charger obviously doesn't match the battery in the photos. BLN-1 rated at 7.6V while the charger in both pictures appears to be 4.2V output. Won't get much charging for your 7.6V battery with a 4.2V battery. :doh: So a bit hard to tell what you actually will be getting for a charger from the photos. Without knowing the output specs of the charger, it would be hard to compare it to the OEM charger.

Going back another page I see links for cig lighter adapters to USB and solar arrays. Was there a specific USB charger you were interested in that I might have missed?

I don't necessarily think all OEM chargers are faster than a third party one, which is why my last response was specific to state "if the OEM one that came with the camera is faster than any of your third party chargers" it would make sense for the fastest charging to use the OEM one. Or look for a third party car or USB charger that has "faster" specs for the output. Fortunately those are printed somewhere on most chargers and assuming they are not lying, it should be very easy to compare chargers. Unfortunately that is usually only after you have them in hand. Trying to get these specs from an Amazon, eBay, or other resale site can often be very difficult at best or at worst misleading like the Progo one mentioned.

As an aside, I bought two Progos for my E-M1.1 long ago. One recently died but I am very happy with them. I didn't get the charger though. I bought the Progos because they charged in the Oly OEM charger.

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
After getting a third battery size for cameras, when I bought the GX1, I ended up ordering a Hahnel ProCube 2, it came with 4 plates for different fujis and Panasonic batteries, and a tray for 4 rechargeable AA batteries. Can handle two batteries of similar size at the time, the top plate is swappable and its it a smart charger, it also came with a wall socket and a car socket of the cigarette lighter variety.

Not sure what sort of cameras the OP is looking for charging, but it could be worth checking it out.

I do believe the battery plates may be swappable between the variable cubes, so that one may build a charging system for multiple brands shooters, but I am not 100% certain that it is possible. They are very quick getting the juice in and will keep trickling charging batteries, if left in over time.

Latest threads

Top Bottom