1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Batteries for GH2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by taotao7, May 16, 2011.

1. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
  2. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
  3. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    When I click your link the page says that battery is for the G2. I don't see anything about the GH2 and that battery doesn't look like the one that came with my GH2.

4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I think Panasonic must have made a mistake on the website and then fixed it. The last time I looked at that page it did include the GH2. Now tomrock is right, it only has the G2 listed.

5. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    The G2 and GH2 have very different batts and wont interchange- I can verify that as I own them both.

6. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    Thanks, just wanted to be sure

7. mqavila

mqavila Mu-43 Regular

Has anyone tried the third-party batteries for the GH2 on sale on eBay? There's a lot being sold for prices ranging from around $12 to $20.

8. dfroelich

dfroelich Mu-43 Regular

Nov 15, 2010
    I think the newer panasonics have firmware that locks out 3rd party batteries.

9. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I just got a few Power2000 batteries for my GH2 from BHPhoto and they work fine (although you don't get a remaining life indicator).

10. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

I bought and returned Power 2000 batteries. Yes, these work fine except for not being coded and the fact that they are said to void the Panasonic warranty on the GH2. I am unwilling to gamble with the latter. I did find 3 more batteries by doing some caareful searching. I previously posted this so I do not know who, if anyone still has batteries. Your best bet is to search the movie supply houses and mixed dogital camera and computer supply folks. Try Abel Cine for one. The latter is a pain on your first order, but they carry the battery and they are honest. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Tom

11. capt3450

capt3450 New to Mu-43

Dec 29, 2010
    I bought 2 Ebay GH2 knock-off batteries before my oversea vacation few months ago. They worked fine on my GH2, MOF it lasts longer than the OEM one. They're no chipped therefore: auto-shutoff, and battery metering doesn't work, but they served well as a backup power for my GH2.
    -capt350