Baseball Time...Baseball Fever here..

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by MrDoug, Feb 5, 2012.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Ok... Now it's MLB time soon.. who's your pick to be in the World Series.?? and Divisional Pennant favorites..?
  2. hunyuan7

hunyuan7 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2011
    The New York Yankees should do well this season. I expect the Bronx Bombers to play meaningful baseball far into October. With the addition of Michael Pineda and Hiroki Kuroda, the starting pitching will be formidable throughout the season. Their relief pitching will be strong as well with Chamberlain, Robertson, and Soriano setting up Rivera.

The Florida Marlins will be an interesting team to watch. Jose Reyes is an impact player and will set the tables well for Hanley Ramirez.
  3. hunyuan7

hunyuan7 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2011
    World Series Prediction: Phillies v. Yankees

My Prediction: 2012 Division Winners
    AL East: Yankees
    AL Central: White Sox (Like their starting pitching)
    AL West: Rangers
    NL East: Phillies
    NL Central: Reds
    NL West: Rockies (You never know in this division)

Yankees win World Series.
  4. hunyuan7

hunyuan7 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2011
    There was another reason why I mentioned the Marlins: Josh Johnson!
    When he is eligible for free agency, I hope my Yankees throw some money at him. What a would be starting rotation! (1) Sabathia, (2) Johnson, (3) Pineda, (4) Nova, and (5) whoever else. :)

I do enjoy baseball as much as I like shooting with my Oly 45/1.8 on my G3. :)

Let's go, Yankees!
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

baseball? Is that the game where yous yankees hit a ball with a pole and jump around with big muffin gloves on.
  6. hunyuan7

hunyuan7 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2011
    Why, yes it is. :)

We wear helmets for American football too. :)

Let's go All-Blacks! (My limited rugby reference :))
  7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    My pick is the Tigers
  8. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    I don't think we here on the upper Northeast recovered from THE loss yet. And what have we to look forward to in baseball but the same chicken-munching beer-guzzling overpriced pitchers? Give us some more time to wallow in our almost-victory. :biggrin:
  9. aw614

aw614 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2011
    Rays fan here :D
  10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Oh, the hell with that. It's dead and buried and I'm moving on. I'm looking for the Bosox to ruin someone else's season big time. It oughta be a three ring circus with Valentine in there. Maybe even make the playoffs this year :flypig: