Baseball -IR Converted EPL1 w/14-150 & EP2 w/9-18

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Swandy, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Went to a local minor league Baseball Game (Staten Island Yankees) and took along my just received IR Converted EPL1 (14-150 lens) and the EP2 (9-18 lens).
    First shot is my attempt at converting the RAW file to faux color.
    Second is the OOC JPEG with the camera set to Monochrome.
    Last two are from the EP2 with the 9-18 lens.
    I definitely need more study time with Lightroom and PSCS5 on working with the IR RAW files, but it is definitely interesting and a lot of fun.
    Comments welcome,
    Steve

2. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Nice! I am glad to see another IR shooter here. Do you have NIK Viveza? It will do wanders for your post processing in IR!

3. Swandy

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Mike,
    Yep - got the camera. Very impressed with Spencer's work (though at times their communication with their customers could be a bit better.) And the turn around time was not bad at all - less than 2 weeks, including shipping (and the package getting held by his local post office for 5 days by mistake).
    I don't have Nik Viveza. Have heard of it and will check it out. Thanks, Steve

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Steve which filter did you have fitted. If I don't sell my P2 or G1 might do a conversion. Had a converted E-500 some time ago but sold it with my 4/3 gear.

5. Swandy

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Bill
    I ended up getting the 720nm filter because I wanted to be able to use all the lenses I have for the two m4/3 bodies and did not wish to have to do the filter switching that Mike had suggested in another thread. (Though the ability of getting the IR camera to shoot "normal" with only a filter change was intriguing.)
    This way I can get my B&W IR look that I always liked, but still have the ability to shoot and play with the Faux Colors also.