Barcelona

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by peter124, May 27, 2014.

• Like Like x 11
  1. Fantastic shots! Love the first one.

2. jjviegas

jjviegas Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice shots, I prefer the last one.

3. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Great shots, love them all and love the city, one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Awesome. I was fortunate enought to visit spain in the 80's, one of the most beautiful countries.

Steve

5. emorgan451

emorgan451 Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks for sharing. I will soon be taking my E-M5 and newly acquired 12-40 on a Mediterranean cruise with a stop in Barcelona and the Sagrada Familia. Did you feel constrained with 12mm at the widest? I hope to come away with good shots like you.

6. nang3

nang3 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2013
    nice pics, we are heading thru Barcelona in about 3 months and will be taking my EM-5 and 14-140mm and maybe another wider lens like the Oly 12mm... did you ever find yourself needing wider than the 12mm?

7. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    Gaudi is a genius,

Theres a bit of (purple) fringing in some spots that could be cleaned up

8. Thanks for the nice comments. It was my first time in Barcelona, but definitely not my last!

Regarding the 12-32, I found that 12mm was wide enough for everything I wanted to shoot. Definitely a nice addition to field of view over the 14mm kit lens. I could have done with a wider aperture on occasion ... forgot to take my P20!

Regarding the purple fringing, yes, it's very noticeable in some cases. Shot 3 already has had some defringing done in LR5. It mainly seems to be a problem at the shorter focal lengths. But overall I was very pleased with the 12-32, especially because it's so small.

9. jmax

jmax Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2012
    Excuse me for adding pictures to your post but I think I got your last picture from the other side, ;)
    P1080722.

Congratulations for your pictures and original compositions. Barcelona have a lot of historical architecture interest, (apart from Gaudí) especially Born and cathedral area

Cheers

10. Yes, I think you did! Taken in the Born district, of course. Thanks for posting.

I suppose on a first visit, Gaudi's work is going to be at the top of any tourist's list. But, yes, the Born and the Gothic quarter are very interesting as well.