Bannack State Park Ghost Town, Montana

We went to Bannack State Park in Dillon, MT. Bannack is one of the largest, and best preserved, ghost towns in America. It is an abandoned mining town, with over 60 buildings, most of which you can enter and explore.

I decided to shoot in infrared that day.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fantastic collection there mate, do you mind sharing your IR setup/processing details...?
I had sent my old E-PL2 to Life Pixel and had them convert it with a Super Color IR filter. I then shoot away.

When I process the images, I first use the Olympus software to set the White balance, then do a color channel swap using Photoshop, and finally do the finishing touches using Lightroom.

That’s my basic work flow.

Louis Dallara

Louis Dallara Fine Art Photography
Real Name
Louis Dallara
I had sent my old E-PL2 to Life Pixel and had them convert it with a Super Color IR filter. I then shoot away.

When I process the images, I first use the Olympus software to set the White balance, then do a color channel swap using Photoshop, and finally do the finishing touches using Lightroom.

That’s my basic work flow.
Great photos!!!
Thanks for the info on the IR

We went to Bannack State Park in Dillon, MT. Bannack is one of the largest, and best preserved, ghost towns in America. It is an abandoned mining town, with over 60 buildings, most of which you can enter and explore.

I decided to shoot in infrared that day.

View attachment 769884View attachment 769885View attachment 769886View attachment 769887View attachment 769888View attachment 769889View attachment 769890View attachment 769891View attachment 769892View attachment 769893View attachment 769894View attachment 769895
Infrared was a great choice and I really like the perspective and composition. Well done!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom