1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Balcony view...

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Peezie, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    Playing with my GF1 on the balcony, i usually spend 45 minutes a day on it. It's kinda special to me since we are moving at the end of this month.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Nice one, Peezie. I've always enjoyed balcony shots from home and work. Lots of memories in those...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    Thanks Amin. I love that balcony exect when its snowing. I usually have a smoke out there a few times a day and just people watch. Even more fun when all the drunk people come out for the Toronto Blue Jay's game is done and are screaming nonsense everywhere. :)

4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Peezie,

I like the image alot. By chance, do you have a color version of this picture?

5. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    i do have a coloured version of this pic.

6. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    what is the biggest size i can print this out in? i have saved it as a jpeg at maximun resolution in CS5. can i print this in a 20x30'? the file size is 3.49 mb.

Pleased help?

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It really depends on viewing distance. I have 20 x 20" prints from a 6MP Canon Digital Rebel which look great to me when viewed from a natural viewing distance. You'll want to use software to upsize it properly prior to printing.

8. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    What is the pixel resolution? I would imagine you can make the image very big if it close to the native pixel resolution of the camera--printer interpolates the file pixels to match the dpi of the printer. If you have a web size image, it is still possible to go quite large, but you will need to do a little work.

9. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Wellington and John Streets? That's pretty close to where I am. Must have been a hoot during G20 since you seem to practically be living on top of where the security perimeter was built. :wink:

Great pic. Makes me start getting nostalgic for the condo I'm currently in since we're moving out to High Park later this year (just delayed from August to November :frown:). I think I'll have to spend more time out on our balcony before we no longer have the downtown city views right outside... <sigh>

10. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    @amin - what software can i use to properly upsize the photo? is there a free version/trial?

@hikari - the pixel resolution is 4000 x 2248. The little bit of work and learning i am willing to do.

@everythingsablur - Yes john and wellington! i move this weekend also. yes i have lots of pictures from the g20. it was very crazy there. i could barely leave the building that weekend.

I spend lots of time on that balcony... spend lots of time on yours too. My next balcony view in my new place is the parking lot :( in Scarborough!

11. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Lots of cool/freaky pictures from G20. I didn't really leave my condo much either, but it was weird just walking down the street before realizing all of the TTC shelters, garbage cans, and news paper boxes were all gone.

I think I only went out to go to a physio appointment, and that was in a building inside the security zone so they ended up closing for the whole week because it was too difficult for patients and employees to get in!
    SCARBOROUGH!?! :eek:

That's a bit of a change from downtown... Some nice new condos though out around STC.

12. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    yes scarborough :rolleyes:... not a condo though an apartment until we buy a house.