Bags for tall chaps?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by MilkshakeFiend, Aug 5, 2012.

1. MilkshakeFiend

MilkshakeFiend Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2012
    Salford, Manchester
    Myles
    Hi all.

I'm currently using a Crumpler cupcake 3000 bag which is fantastic, except for the strap being a bit too short and as such it sits a bit high on me. Actually it looks a bit ridiculous but it fits most of the stuff I need in there. Wouldn't mind something slightly bigger though. I'm 6 ft 5 - so to all you other vertically endowed individuals out there - recommend me a bag!

~M

2. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Have the strap replaced!
    50mm wide webbing, as useed in backpacks etc, can easily been sewn to the bag.
    You can get this webbing in any good outdoor store by the yard.

3. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    I'm female, but I am 6'2". I have owned both the Billingham Hadley and ThinkTank Retrospective series bags and both have been fine (and I am fussy about how my bags sit as well due to my height). My sister is 6'5" and has worn my Billingham Hadley with no problems. Maybe also take a look at the Domke series bags as well. From memory, the straps are quite long.

4. MilkshakeFiend

MilkshakeFiend Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2012
    Salford, Manchester
    Myles
    The replacement webbing idea is fantastic! I've ordered some from ebay, £1/m. My niece who is fantastic with textiles has agreed to do the labour intensive part so I don't make a pigs ear out of it.

I did cave buy a bigger bag to take on holiday with me though! Snagged a Manfrotto Unica for £20 which will fit everything I need plus drinks for when I'm out and about. I almost collapsed after seeing the price of Billingham bags :eek:

Cheers guys!

~M

5. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Its a good thing doing ones own modifications. A piece of equipment is rarely exactly as one wants it. And stitching is not the most difficult task, it can be learned.

As of the cost of Billingham, oh yes they are expensive. But so are lots of other bags, who look plainly ugly IMO. Yesterday my Hadley Pro arrived. My second Billingham in twenty-something years.

I dont really need it (there are, after all, about a dozen bags other bags at hand), it was sort of a "Frustkauf" (shopping fueled by frustration", but I definitly needed to treat myself to something fine after the occurences of the last months. :)

Btw, a second hand messenger bag off ebay, coupled with cheap chinese camera insert, makes for a fantastic big photography/hold-all bag. You can get such a combination for less than 20 quid.