Bags and more bags

Real Name
Walter
The Everyday Backpack Zip 15 liter looks like it might be a good travel camera/personal bag to place under the seat. With a small camera kit, there ought to be enough space for some travel essentials.

Last edited:

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
No interest in them. The Tan/Brown was my favourite PD colour. Would be more mildly interested if they brought that colour back for the messenger/backpack

solidsnake

Mu-43 Regular
had to change my avatar from my fallout 76 anticipation, yikes that was a bad choice...

i digress....got the 3L black version, and being my first peak design sling bag, i am very happy about it.

no pics, so sorry, been busy, but on a quick note,
1. very similar to size to the tenba DNA 8, i dont use the DNA 8 due to difficulty taking my camera in and out.

2. the oly EM1 mkii with 12-100mm fits perfectly, moving the flap to the side, or if you put it underneath to form extra cushioning, you can keep the lens hood on and it fits perfectly.

3. i can also add my 12-32 panny underneath, and try to tuck in stuff here and there. otherwise it fits what i want - a bag similar to the thinktank holster 10 v2.0, to hold only the camera and a lens cap battery and maybe a charger. nothing more.

very satisfied with my bag.

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
had to change my avatar from my fallout 76 anticipation, yikes that was a bad choice...

i digress....got the 3L black version, and being my first peak design sling bag, i am very happy about it.

no pics, so sorry, been busy, but on a quick note,
1. very similar to size to the tenba DNA 8, i dont use the DNA 8 due to difficulty taking my camera in and out.

2. the oly EM1 mkii with 12-100mm fits perfectly, moving the flap to the side, or if you put it underneath to form extra cushioning, you can keep the lens hood on and it fits perfectly.

3. i can also add my 12-32 panny underneath, and try to tuck in stuff here and there. otherwise it fits what i want - a bag similar to the thinktank holster 10 v2.0, to hold only the camera and a lens cap battery and maybe a charger. nothing more.

very satisfied with my bag.

Would love to see a pic or 2 showing how the gear fits.

solidsnake

Mu-43 Regular
Would love to see a pic or 2 showing how the gear fits.
agreed :) Debating on the 3L vs 6L. I feel like the 3L wins since the 6L gains more height than I need. But I always want to carry water with me somehow :(

will try to update this the soonest possible. its the holidays and in laws are still in house.

i also cant promise any high quality photo shoots, as ive mentioned, got a newborn plus a terrible twos kid to take care of. this forty something cant handle em both.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
will try to update this the soonest possible. its the holidays and in laws are still in house.

i also cant promise any high quality photo shoots, as ive mentioned, got a newborn plus a terrible twos kid to take care of. this forty something cant handle em both.
I know that feeling well.

I’m also interested to see the pics when you’re able to.

solidsnake

Mu-43 Regular
so,

in the spirit of the season, ive included a snapshot for size reference. for the younger audience, that is a cassette tape.

ps. that is engelbert humperdink, who can definitely go toe to toe with tom jones. ;)

20191130_143505.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

this shows its size to hold 3 vhs tapes. underneath it i propped something to show how big the cavity can be.
20191130_143527.jpg

it is enough to hold 3 men and a baby.

20191130_143545.jpg

okay, heres the real deal.

oly em1 mkii with 12-100 lens. i have my eyeglasses case underneath it to prop it up to size.
20191130_143321.jpg

i tried to open the bag wide enough so you can see how big it can get. i also have a 12-32 placed underneath to help me elevate it.
IMG_2891.JPG

solidsnake

Mu-43 Regular
i will try to take more pictures, but as ive mentioned, we got family around and since i took some family photos with the canon g7x mk2 i thought i might as well sneak this in.

hard and rough draft pictures. i can try to include more with a traditional ruler for reference. the spec sheet shows it couldnt fit my em1 mkii, but clearly shows it can. it wont let me fit another camera body, nor a bigger lens like a 45mm, but definitely surpasses my objectives.

a camera bag/sling, that can hold my camera only, a couple of batteries, glasses and a power bank. water bottle goes into diaper bag. ;)

solidsnake

Mu-43 Regular
forgot to mention, the em1 mkii, doesnt stick out like that, i mentioned earlier i had to prop it so you can see its size, without trying to pry it open with my fingers in the way. yes, i did use a flash fill, but again, these are quickie pictures.

i apologize in advance for the dirty shots.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
so,

in the spirit of the season, ive included a snapshot for size reference. for the younger audience, that is a cassette tape.

ps. that is engelbert humperdink, who can definitely go toe to toe with tom jones. ;)

View attachment 788687
this shows its size to hold 3 vhs tapes. underneath it i propped something to show how big the cavity can be. View attachment 788688

View attachment 788689

oly em1 mkii with 12-100 lens. i have my eyeglasses case underneath it to prop it up to size. View attachment 788690
i tried to open the bag wide enough so you can see how big it can get. i also have a 12-32 placed underneath to help me elevate it. View attachment 788691
? That’s the most retro themed bag review I ever did see. Classic movie choices!

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks, man, no need to apologize! Pretty sure everyone is understanding, lol. The lack of user (or even promoted) reviews isn't your fault.

Also, I cracked when I saw the cassette size reference, lol. Then the VHS... pretty good frame of reference, actually. Smaller than I thought! Also, it reminded me my mom would love that album, gotta check if it's on Google Play Music....

JDS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David Schultz
so,

View attachment 788687
this shows its size to hold 3 vhs tapes. underneath it i propped something to show how big the cavity can be. View attachment 788688

View attachment 788689

oly em1 mkii with 12-100 lens. i have my eyeglasses case underneath it to prop it up to size. View attachment 788690
i tried to open the bag wide enough so you can see how big it can get. i also have a 12-32 placed underneath to help me elevate it. View attachment 788691
I think we need to see how the OM-1 fits, given the media selection- plus a half dozen rolls of Tri-X

solidsnake

Mu-43 Regular
an important update, i tried to put my phone in there, but it wouldnt fit. i tried cramming it with and without the em1 mkii in it.

my phone is the s8 plus, and damn amazon for selling the note 9 i might end up getting that one too.

there are notable videos on youtube that can 'show' you how big it is, but for my shape and form (like a sexy cola bottle!) it works.

wait. i mean can. soda can. :D

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
I picked up this Lowepro Nova 200 shoulder bag for $69 shipped, on sale. I had to get it in the camo finish, the black isn't on sale.
https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/nova-200-aw-ii-lp37142-config/

Beside the normal requirements for a camera bag like bump protection, water resistance, good construction, etc., I have one main criteria: I must be able to bag the camera with the lens mounted. Any lens. I do not want to stop and dismount or change lenses to put the camera in the bag. That also means any of the lenses have to fit separately in a compartment. This bag, though a bit large, does that. Definitely not walking around bag, it will serve well at events like races, air shows, etc. when I need longer glass.

Any lens will fit in any of the three larger lens compartments or can be left on the camera. Only the flash compartment and the one holding the 25 aren't interchangeable, and for that matter the 12-60 will fit on top of the 25 easily with a horizontal separator should I ever add another large diameter lens. I have a lot of separators left over. Check out the photos or video in the link.

Other nice features are all metal buckles and loops, a LOT of pockets and compartments around the outside and interior, including a slot for a tablet or small laptop. One complaint: For a bag this size, the lack of ability to attach a monopod or a lightweight tripod seems absurd.

49245075358_d1e7840f3a_b.jpg
P1030010m by telecast, on Flickr

2mnycars

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
DaveL
wow, the new slings fix what I didn't like about my 10L sling. they are more messenger like. Except I kinda want both 3 and 6, lol
I had a PD 5L sling; the strap came apart! I caught it on the way to the floor. No damage; I was ticked.
Turns out they have a clip that stops the strap from falling apart. They shipped it to me quickly, and free.
Based on that, I bought the 6L sling when it came out.
It has just enough more room to make it really useful to me.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I actually bought both 3L and 6L... and ended up returning them both. I ultimately like to carry water with me, and the sling just didn't work well for that. Also, having been so long since I used my 10L regularly, I forgot how much more clumsy using the zipper is for me vs just a flap. But they seemed nice. Still not quite comfortable carrying it as a messenger, heh.

Pluttis

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Peter
Tenba axis 20L is here, really like the bag, seems to be very well made and distributes weight very well. Feels much heavier holding it vs wearing it. Probably should have gone with the 24L after test fitting everything but I normally dont take every piece of equipment I own to a shoot so I can make it work. View attachment 732335 View attachment 732336 View attachment 732337

Hard to beat Tenba Axis for the price, great backpack. Replaced my Peak design every day backpack with a Tenba Axis 24L

Latest threads

Top Bottom