Bags and more bags

mnhoj

There and back again and again
Real Name
John M
Been carrying the Niko for a week or so now.
Everything is easy to access, build quality is quite nice and I really like the look.

I just sold my PD messenger 13". Great bag but just too much vertical space for me.
Ordered a Chrome Niko 2.0 sling. Looks nice and I think a better fit for my current gear.
We'll see.

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
For anyone unaware, there are clips available that slide over the aluminium glides on the V1 Slings to stop the creeping. They work very well. If your local Peak Design distributor or retailer doesn't have any, send an email to [email protected] and they'll be able to send you a set.

I may be able to assist anyone in NZ requiring a set.
Could you please tell me more about these clips (a photo perhaps) and what they do? Are you saying that the quick-adjust buckle with the D-ring on it doesn't grip the strap tight enough, thereby allowing it to slip and get longer?

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Could you please tell me more about these clips (a photo perhaps) and what they do? Are you saying that the quick-adjust buckle with the D-ring on it doesn't grip the strap tight enough, thereby allowing it to slip and get longer?
It's not the quick adjust buckle that you use to cinch and lengthen the strap in everyday use that slips, it's the buckles that attach the strap ends to the bag.
PD V1 Sling Anti-slip Clip.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's the piece of black polycarbonate that bridges the buckle; you can't slide the strap without removing the clip.

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's not the quick adjust buckle that you use to cinch and lengthen the strap in everyday use that slips, it's the buckles that attach the strap ends to the bag.
View attachment 839441
It's the piece of black polycarbonate that bridges the buckle; you can't slide the strap without removing the clip.
Ah, I see now. Thx for the info, I'll email Peak Designs.

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
Ultra-light... PeakD 3L; LowePro Dashpoint 20

PeakD-3L-Everyday-OMD-E10.2.JPG

2020-08-05 18-37-12 - 0109_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Bought myself a new fanny pack, wanter a smaller one for my new E-M5, so I got this Lowepro M-Trekker HP120.

It fits the E-M5 with small lens and two other lenses beside. Here the Laowa 7.5 (much space around it!) and the Oly 40-150R. The flap is adjustable, if you pack more you can loosen the strap a little. If you pack less tighten it. Like here, not too packed and then the upper part is folded down (like the PD Field Pouch). It also makes your gear sit tight if you are on the move (ie, biking, i will use min for bicycle adventures and such, then you want the items to sit tight).

There is also pocket both front and back for other things. Batteries, phone, wallet, keys. The belt is long so you can lengthen it and use as a sling bag also, really comfy on the back also. Feels great this! The flap hook is a little flimsy but at least quick to adjust. Comes in gray like here and black.

Real Name
Roddy
Bought myself a new fanny pack, wanter a smaller one for my new E-M5, so I got this Lowepro M-Trekker HP120.
Thanks for the tip, Danny. I found one on eBay for €20 and think it's a steal. Just what I was looking for in an EDC bag. Great stuff! If it helps, I found a large split-ring attached to the flap's loop makes handling the hook-closure much easier, and it also gives you a secondary attachment point if the load in the bag "grows" a little :D

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks for the tip, Danny. I found one on eBay for €20 and think it's a steal. Just what I was looking for in an EDC bag. Great stuff! If it helps, I found a large split-ring attached to the flap's loop makes handling the hook-closure much easier, and it also gives you a secondary attachment point if the load in the bag "grows" a little :D
Used it today again on some sightriding. Great bag! Typically I only use the zipper if I have to open often.
Great tip about the split-ring. Not sure how you ment though :blush: do you have a pic?

As @NoSeconds knows, once you get your first Greenroom136 bag you have to go back for your next... and next. A few months ago they released the Metrorunner. Which for me is kind of perfect for my non-sporty camera use. I carry my Pen-F with two spare lenses and a few more doo-dads in it. More info here : http://robonza.blogspot.com/2020/09/review-greenroom136-metrorunner.html

NoSeconds

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Troy
As @NoSeconds knows, once you get your first Greenroom136 bag you have to go back for your next... and next. A few months ago they released the Metrorunner. Which for me is kind of perfect for my non-sporty camera use. I carry my Pen-F with two spare lenses and a few more doo-dads in it. More info here : http://robonza.blogspot.com/2020/09/review-greenroom136-metrorunner.html

View attachment 845425View attachment 845426

I can't believe you beat me to it (well I kinda can)... I took way too long agonising over colour choice and tac or no-tac :biggrin:

Mine should be here this week...

Real Name
Roddy
Used it today again on some sightriding. Great bag! Typically I only use the zipper if I have to open often.
Great tip about the split-ring. Not sure how you ment though :blush: do you have a pic?
Yes, in use it is handy to just use the flap, as I found out yesterday, so the split ring made even more sense as you can close the bag much more easily. But it also is an option for holding the loop 'open' too, for easy 'loading' of the loop itself. Just try it and you'll see.

Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 05.02.40.png

NoSeconds

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Troy
The Greenroom products sound fun, but do they cost €20 with free delivery? :D. Where the heck do you order them from, too? They may well be an option for the future....
There's a link in my first post above, good luck! I really need to talk to Pat about collecting a commission or free gear for all the referrals... :biggrin:

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I have often found that the Achilles heel of bags are the zips.. a flap or over is a far better waterproof option.

Cook1e

Mu-43 Rookie
I didn't know whether to ask in this thread, or start a new one. Let's see what works...:whistling:

I've just bought a lightly-used Domke F-803, as my Domke F-5 won't fit my new Oly 40-150 f2.8 pro.

It's afine bag and fits the E-M1 with the 40-150 plus the 12-45 f2.8 and the usual ancilliary bits, but I'm confused by one thing: can anyone tell me what the clips on each side, under the straps, are for? I've been racking my brains to no avail and there's no info in the interwebs that I can find.

Perhaps I'm missing the obvious :doh:, but would somebody put me out of my misery please?

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I didn't know whether to ask in this thread, or start a new one. Let's see what works...:whistling:

I've just bought a lightly-used Domke F-803, as my Domke F-5 won't fit my new Oly 40-150 f2.8 pro.

It's afine bag and fits the E-M1 with the 40-150 plus the 12-45 f2.8 and the usual ancilliary bits, but I'm confused by one thing: can anyone tell me what the clips on each side, under the straps, are for? I've been racking my brains to no avail and there's no info in the interwebs that I can find.

Perhaps I'm missing the obvious :doh:, but would somebody put me out of my misery please?
Do not wash this bag!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom