Shootout Bagged (10 bags compared)

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
Of course not. One person abusing a return policy doesn't matter to a multi-billionaire. Does that also make it OK for me to steal from Walmart? The Walton's are stinking rich. A thousand $ lens won't matter to them. (if Walmart even sells pricey glass). Where do you draw the line?

Bigger point is that if we all abuse a given policy it will eventually change. You may be inspiring others to do the same thing, and they may inspire others. Pretty soon the flapping wings of the entitlement butterfly will have caused a gale leading to Amazon changing their policy.

Happy Holidays!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201532130

Annotation 2019-11-29 192038.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
Yes companies change the policies all the time because what was once a reasonable way or intent to keep customers happy may not be so anymore. One recently news worthy one is when L.L. Bean changed their famous "Lifetime" return policy. Same with Sears Craftsman hand tools lifetime policy. I am sure if Amazon finds it no longer makes sense to offer the policies they do now, they will change them.

barry

Super Moderator
Yes companies change the policies all the time because what was once a reasonable way or intent to keep customers happy may not be so anymore. One recently news worthy one is when L.L. Bean changed their famous "Lifetime" return policy. Same with Sears Craftsman hand tools lifetime policy. I am sure if Amazon finds it no longer makes sense to offer the policies they do now, they will change them.
You've made your point, thanks.

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
Evecase Digital SLR/DSLR Professional Camera Shoulder Bag

This bag seems nicely built for the price point ($22), though the main zipper was a bit rough going around the bends. However, it’s very well padded as advertised. It has a thin zipped pocket in the front, maybe good for a cable or small battery. Each side also has a deep elastic pocket. Inside, there’s a netted pocket in the main compartment, and under the lid there area few elastic sleeves for things like SD cards, though they didn’t seem very secure. The layout doesn’t suit my kit. With the EM-10 and a lens mounted, there wasn’t really much room to put additional lenses. It’s a “tall” bag and would probably suit a larger body with a single lens mounted and a few accessories.

PB301110.jpg

PB301112.jpg

PB301114.jpg

IMG_20191130_194552.jpg

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
Vanguard Up-Rise II 22 Shoulder Bag for Camera and Accessories (Black)

This is a well built, well padded and roomy bag, which also includes an expandable main compartment. Outside there’s a zipped front pocket with organizers, and elastic pocket on sides. On the inside, the only pockets are 2 SD card slots on the underside of the lid. The main compartment has plenty of room for an EM-10 with a mounted prime, plus 2 extra primes. In reality, it can probably fit 4 stacked primes on one side and a zoom or 2 on the other. This is a very nice bag, but a little too large for my kit. It looks like this line is on closeout so they are highly discounted. I’ll probably have a look at 2 of the smaller bags in this line.

PB301104.jpg

PB301105.jpg

PB301106.jpg

PB301107.jpg

PB301107.jpg

IMG_20191130_193514.jpg

IMG_20191130_193514.jpg

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
Manfrotto Lifestyle NX Shoulder Bag CSC V2, Grey (MB NX-SB-IGY-2)

This is one of the smaller bags that I’ve looked at but it seems to be just about right. Outside there is a very thin pocket. Inside there is a small pocket on the lid with not organizers. It’s a snug fit with the 17mm mounted and the 12-42mm and 45mm in the bag. This leaves a small space for my the extra strap, though I would prefer not to store this in the main compartment. There’s probably enough extra room on the lid pocket for a spare battery, but not much else will fit in this bag. It’s almost a perfect fit for my kit, but with 2 lenses stacked they just barely fit.

PB301115.jpg

PB301117.jpg

PB301118.jpg

PB301118.jpg

AussieBloke

New to Mu-43
So bizarre that this type of policy exists in the USA. In Australia I don't believe we have the option of returning items after using/opening them, unless they are defective. Not just on change of mind. What happens to the item after its returned? Does it get sold to the next person? And then they return it because it's no longer new? Would you be upset if you received a product that had been used several times before it got to you? Or would you just return it and buy it again until you get a new one?
Not trying to have a go at anyone, I'm truly curious as it's not something we really experience here?
Thanks all

What happens to the item after its returned
Gets resold as open box/ reconditioned/ refurbished/ used at discounted prices. I have bought a few items that way - almost brand new and great prices. Bestbuy has racks of such items in store (expensive laptops, sound systems, TVs etc) that you can choose from. Just yesterday I bought "open-box" Dell from them which someone had returned.

Edit: Also to clarify. You can get shadow banned for abusing returns policy on Amazon and BestBuy and pretty much on all big box retailers although I only have seen Amazon and BB do it. I don't know how their algorithm works and when exactly it kicks off.

Last edited:

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
TBH I have zero concern about Amazon and returning these items. I've received the refund for everything sent back so far, and Alexa hasn't tried to murder me (yet). One last bag on the way...

Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
At the risk of further complicating your life, rlb - and also, I realize that this particular bag may suffer from what you whimsically call 'flapitis' - the Tenba Cooper is one of the nicer bags I've ever used. I currently have the '11' size - but the '8' might be closer to what you are looking for. Here is Tenba's link -
https://www.tenba.com/en/products/cooper-8-messenger
Oh, and, yes, it suffers from another possibly incurable ailment: it's a little on the pricey side. But, that said, a very sweet bag....in spite of its flap ;)

macabee

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Barry King
Greetings.

I am new to this forum, new to the OM-D series, but not to Olympus. I have used many bags over the last 50 odd years, I now use Billingham and and a Domke bag, Billingham is the only bag waterproof [in the rain] without having to use a cover, they are made by hand in the UK, they are not cheap but they will last.

A mistake that some photographer's are guilty of, is a cheap bag for expensive gear.

Keep well and stay safe

Latest threads

Top Bottom