Bag

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Phil66, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Phil66

Phil66 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    Ello all,

I've been looking for a bag, unfortunately I am working when the shops are open. I've just bought one of these Lowepro - Munich 100 which is almost ideal. I can get the G3 with the pancake lens on in it and I can put the kit 14-42 lens in it but the kit lens has to sit underneath the camera (with foam protection) which isn't ideal.

I only want to be able to carry what I have just said + a spare battery and some SD cards.

Is anyone using anything that would suit what I want? Pics would be good if poss. The less bulky the better. Don't forget I am coming from a compact so size feels odd at the moment if you consider I could get the old compact in my jeans pocket :wink:

Cheers

Phil

2. hypnomatt

hypnomatt Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
  3. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Have a look at the crumpler million dollar home bags, lots of size variation or I use the crumpler haven, which fits into a bag I already own. I never really liked the bags that scream "camera" on them. Like you I came from pocket sized cameras, so small was important. There is a long thread on this forum I found useful called bags, bags and more bags (or something similar) loads of ideas in there.

4. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    If it doesn't go in a Domke F5xb it stays at home is my take on bags :biggrin: Actually that would be too big for your kit, Phil.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I use my F2 to travel, keeping videocam in it, and extra stuff I just want around. It has gotten too big now with my switch to m4/3, so looking at F6, F8, etc. Show us a pic of your F5. I just want the flap top instead of zippered.

6. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    An F5xb has a zip under the flap. For zipless photography try the Domke F803 satchel. If you want to spend more Billingham Hadleys or L2 fit the bill too.

7. kunfushun

kunfushun New to Mu-43

Jan 14, 2012
    my m43 gear is currently the panasonic gf1 and the pancake 20mm lens. I use the Thinktank Retrospective 5 in pinestone.

Its a great little bag, reason i wanted this is not because of the features but also the style and size. I wanted something small and that will be replacing my everyday (non-camera bag) satchel.

8. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Hmmm... VERY nice. And no zippered top! Is the hardware used substantial?

9. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I too use the Retrospective 5. Fantastic bag. Its every bit as nice as my Domke bags, and nicer in some respects. It's small, but can fit a ton of gear. I can fit my GH2, 7-14, 25/1.4, 45/1.8, Oly 40-150 and the pack my Oly 17 and viewfinder for my GX1 in the inner flap. The outer pocket can fit my 25 lens hood, battery charger and either my GX1 or my flashgun.

I don't usually have all that in there, but it fits fine if needed. I do usually have 4-5 lenses and a body and battery charger. It's really well made with substantial strength. It has a lifetime warranty, and I don't think you'd ever need to use it. It also has Velcro silencers when you need to work indoors in a quiet environment. It's not cheap, but it's a fantastic bag. Here's mine with a typical loading.

tt-1.

tt-4.

10. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Second that. Great bag. I have everything in my sig (minus the 14-45 and 45-175 zooms) in my Retrospective 5. I could probably fit the 14-45 in there too, but it would be tight.

I'm considering other Think Tank Photo bags to fit everything plus my 15" MacBook Pro, if anyone has any suggestions.

11. Kevin

Kevin Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'll third that :smile: Mine comfortably fits the G3 with 25mm (lens hood on), 14-42mm and 100-300mm plus a few accessories. The thing I really like about it is that the large flap makes for quick and easy access.

12. Phil66

Phil66 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    That looks like a satchel lol. Do you have a snap of your camera in it or by the side of it? Picture/1000 words etc.

Cheers

Phil

13. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011

Attached Files:

14. punkman

punkman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    Europe
    I found a Lowepro Elite AW that was a real bargain, but I didn't pay much attention to the size details. Now that I got it, it's pretty great but way too big for my little PEN. Even the Gorillpod Hybrid (bigger than regular model) can fit inside the bag. I'm interested in selling this, it's an amazing bag if you want to fit lots of gear. I will take pictures later.

I also got one of these: Micro 4/3 Digital Camera Bag Case NEX-3 NEX-5 NEX-C3 pen EP1 EP2 EP3 EPL GF1 GF2 | eBay

This is just the right size. It easily fits the E-PL1 with the Panasonic 14mm. It also fits my 50mm Takumar + m42 adapter in it's front pocket. The camera also fits with the 50mm mounted, but it has to be on it's side witht the battery grip pointing downwards. If you replace the cheap shoulder strap, it's a pretty nice bag for 5 GBP.

15. flaxseedoil1000

flaxseedoil1000 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2011
    Another option

138051_1_1?resmode=4&op_usm=1,1,1,&qlt=95,1&hei=305&wid=305.

Case Logic SLR Sling

Holds my GH2 w/ 14-140mm mounted in the main compartment. A side lens compartment is big enough for a 100-300mm or my Metz 50 AF-1 or multiple pancakes.

You don't have to take it off to access it, just spin in from your back to your front.

16. kanasgowatom

kanasgowatom Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    I bought a Tamrac bag that is supposedly designed for MFT cameras. I can pack my PL3, 14/42 mm some, 17 mm wide angle, 70/300 Olympus zoom. One spare battery, one macro adapter, and my electronic viewfinder, along with the little flash. Cokin series a filter holder, 1ND filter, one graduated ND filter,one Cokin circular polarizer, and the adapter ring for the Cikin holder. I also carry a 58mm circular polarizer and a 58mm Cokin adaptor.It is a tight snug, but at least I am sure everything is safely stowed.

kanasgowatom

17. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Even though I have 2 Domke F-5XB bags, I now use (and highly recommend) a Lowepro Terraclime 100 for everyday carry.

LOWEPRO TERRACLIME 100 - BLACK | eBay

With minimal padding and utilizing a loose wrap for body or lens protection (rather than padded inserts), it's very versatile and hangs close to your body. No velcro also means you don't attract attention when opening the bag in quiet surroundings.

The Lowepro Terraclime 100 is now discontinued but its seems to still be available. Prices are creeping up; I paid $25 for mine one year ago but some HK sellers are now asking as high as $75.

Attached Files:

18. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal