Bag suggestion

jcm5

Mu-43 Veteran
I know there's been some posts already on bags, but I'm curious, is there a bag that can fit an EM10, couple small lenses, and an iPad? I don't want a large (nor overly pricey) bag but the smaller size bags that can fit the camera system doesn't seem to be able to accommodate an iPad.
Wondering if there was anyone out there who also has a similar setup and has a bag that fits the bill.

sircam1

Mu-43 Regular
An iPad won't fit in a TT Retro5, but should in a Retro7. Similar styled option to the Retro's is the Lowepro Pro messenger series.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

orfeo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Billingham Hadley small, you will hardly find better fit for this job.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
+1

It's a bit pricey, but if you want the smallest and highest quality bag that fits an iPad and is an exceptional match for an m43 system, the Hadley Small is it.

I personally use a Billingham Hadley Pro which is one size larger and for years, I avoided buying one because of it's price. I bought one two years ago and am now wondering why it took so long. I could have saved more money by buying one initially instead of going thru a bunch of other bags that are either long gone or haven't seen use since I bought the Billingham.

Billingham Hadley small, you will hardly find better fit for this job.

WendyK

Super Moderator
Real Name
Wendy
I hear you, and I had the same problem. Due to the dimensions of a full size iPad, any bag that will fit it tends to be of the sort that will carry more than just a camera and a couple of lenses, it's more like 3-4 lenses + a body. I ended up getting an insert for a regular women's leather purse that works well for me.

That said, here are some I've found and considered:

Billingham Hadley small - wonderful but expensive (will probably ask for this eventually as a birthday or holiday gift some year)
F-Stop Millar Shibata - I do own this one - got it in a recent 50% off sale, quite a steal, it's lighter weight than my purse+insert option
Tenba DNA series - not sure if the 8 will fit a full sized iPad, otherwise the 11
Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Messenger Bag 2014 version - looks like the small version will fit an iPad, but the XS version won't
Tamrac Zuma 3 - seems a little too tall to me
Tamrac Rally 5

There is another bag that was reviewed here recently that also will work, but the name escapes me. It comes only in brown, I think. Perhaps someone will remember the name.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Just in case you have an iPad Mini, a perfect bag would be the Ona Bowery. Again, not cheap, but cheaper than the Billingham Hadley Small.

The bag will fit a regular iPad but will not be covered completely.

10719337535_44d05107d3_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

tuxxdk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Martin
May I suggest a F-Stop bag? Or perhaps Retrospective from ThinkTank.

Savas K

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The Bowery is a bag I jones over, but it has the least chance of being appropriate or practical for my gear.

As to the brown bag question, I believe it is the Tamrac Apache.

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
TT Mirrorless Mover i30 is my daily carry. Holds an iPad, plus any of the m43 cameras (I have GX7 & E-M1), plus 2-4 lenses, or other stuff. It's quite light and despite being padded enough for me it actually molds a bit to the body if the iPad is not in the internal sleeve. I've been using it pretty continuously when I have the iPad with me since last October.

Any bag which is large enough to handle an iPad needs to be at least as wide and within an inch as tall as the i30. The top slopes down away from your body, so the part against your body is the tallest part and is where the iPad lives.

FWIW, when I'm not carrying the iPad, I prefer the TT Hubba Hubba Hiney, which is essentially the same width and depth but isn't high enough to handle the iPad. I can put the same camera & lens gear in both bags.

brettmaxwell

Mu-43 Veteran
Just in case you have an iPad Mini, a perfect bag would be the Ona Bowery. Again, not cheap, but cheaper than the Billingham Hadley Small.

The bag will fit a regular iPad but will not be covered completely.

10719337535_44d05107d3_z.jpg

I used the Bowery with an iPad Mini for quite a while. To keep it protected, I made an insert to go inside, which worked perfectly:
Photo%20Jun%2006%2C%201%2044%2026%20PM.jpg

flamingfish

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Emily
The Timbuk2 Snoop XS will fit a regular size iPad nicely -- however, there isn't any padding in the back of the bag, so the only thing protecting the iPad will be the fabric of the bag.

An iPad with a relatively slim case on it might fit. All I have on mine is the smart cover, and it wasn't a tight fit in the XS.

mcumeda

Mu-43 Regular
I would look at a Domke F-803 or J-803. They are good looking bags, and an iPad will fit in the back pocket.

mario23

Mu-43 Regular
I would look at a Domke F-803 or J-803. They are good looking bags, and an iPad will fit in the back pocket.

That's what I have and I agree. I carry my em10 with 12-40 in there along with a 17 1.8 and the 40-150. I could easily fit another prime with the 17 and my 10 inch tablet fits in the back pocket.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

rklepper

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Robert
+1

It's a bit pricey, but if you want the smallest and highest quality bag that fits an iPad and is an exceptional match for an m43 system, the Hadley Small is it.

I personally use a Billingham Hadley Pro which is one size larger and for years, I avoided buying one because of it's price. I bought one two years ago and am now wondering why it took so long. I could have saved more money by buying one initially instead of going thru a bunch of other bags that are either long gone or haven't seen use since I bought the Billingham.

How do you fit an iPad into your Hadley small?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Top Bottom