Bag or pouch for Panasonic 100-300

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by rklepper, Mar 2, 2014.

1. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    So for various reasons I really can't carry a bag with all of my gear anymore, but at times I do want to carry the Panasonic 100-300. Can anyone recommend just a single bag or pouch that would hold the Panasonic 100-300? Perhaps something that can both be attached to my waist belt and that can be slung over my shoulder. It would also need to carry the tripod ring on it.

2. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Doc, you might want to check out the OpTech Snoot Boots .

They're made of neoprene and provide pretty decent protection if you're not slamming lenses into walls or dropping them on the floor.

I use these to lug around a Panny 45-200 and / or Oly (4/3) 70-300+adapter when I feel I might want one of those while I'm out walking. They clip nicely onto a ring on my Domke F5-XB, or you can thread them onto a belt or a strap if you prefer to cary them that way. There's a variety of sizes to fit most lenses. I use them for everything from my Panny 14 to an Oly four-thirds 50-200.

3. rklepper

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Those do look like they would work nicely. And for the price could easily try one.

thanks

doc

4. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I use a 5.11 Water Bottle carrier. http://www.amazon.com/5-11-58722-019-H2O-Carrier-Black/dp/B0019MM1QO/

The lens fits well, with macro extension tubes added. I'm not sure if the lens hood would fit. The carrier is a little floppy and offers no protection, so I added a circle of foam to the bottom and some material from a flimsy yoga mat around in the side. I like that the lens is no struggle to get in and out.

5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Doc,

You can shop in your closet and pick out the 107. That’ll handle the body and lens in the hood mounted position. But I see your request to both belt mount and shoulder strap it. To that end, pick out a Think Tank holster. They’ve got two basic models, for gripped or un-gripped bodies. Then, there’s the length of it. Look at this one for starters. Look at the features tab to see how equipped the bag is. You can use your own belt, or select a Think Tank belt, either padded or skin series.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/digital-holster-10-v2.aspx

6. MizOre

MizOre Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Think Tank has various lens holders that work with Think Tank belts or bags -- I have one that has a rain hood built in the bottom.

7. rklepper

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    I can carry the 107 with my gear in it. I just need something extra just to carry the 100-300. I don't carry the 100-300 very often so need something it JUST carry the 100-300.

8. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Domke also makes a few unpadded pouches (vertical or horizontal orientation) that you can feed through your belt, or wrap around a Domke bag strap if you happen to have one. You could wrap the lens in a protective wrap if desired and carry it that way. Like most traditional Domke gear, these pouches fold to almost nothing when empty. Worth considering in addition to the ThinkTank products.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=domke+pouch&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

--Ken

9. armoredpig

armoredpig Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2013
    I use one of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-Small-Black-SLRA-1/dp/B000VVVMVE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393837484&sr=8-1&keywords=case+logic+lens+case

Was $10 at Walmart. It fits my 45-150 with hood deployed, but I don't have a 100-300 so I can't tell you if it would work. Great protection though! I think it would also fit two 45 1.8 sized lenses if you can find a way to seperate them..

Edited: Will also fit the 12-35 2.8. With a tripod collar, you may have to remove the padding from the side where the belt loop is. It has a velco opening where you can remove the padding from that region (clever).

10. rklepper

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    The f945 just might be the ticket.

thanks

Doc