1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bag for Panasonic G3 plus 3 extra lenses.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mattsid1, Jan 17, 2013.

1. mattsid1

mattsid1 New to Mu-43

Jan 17, 2013
    I've been trawling through this forum for a while now and still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have the following set up.

Panasonic G3 with 14-45 kit lens
    Panasonic 45-200mm
    Nikkor 50mm manual
    Nikkor 55mm Macro
    Nikon SLR adaptor
    1 Hood
    3 batteries
    Memory cards etc.

I want a bag as compact as possible. Shoulder strap or attachable from a belt, or a sling pack, but not really interested in backpack style.

I live in South Korea, so not everything is available, but I know Kata, Lowepro and Caselogic are. Domke are available as well, but they are a little overpriced here.

Any advice and recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Welcome to the forum! Before making any suggestions, I have one question. How much are you willing to trade off useability/access for compactness in your bag?

--Ken

3. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    I've got a G3, 14-42 kit zoom, 45-200 zoom, p20, and a Pentax 55mm/1.8. My bag is a Lowepro Rezo AW140. I really like this bag, it is certainly compact, well made, good padding and built in rain cover.

But if I'm honest, the body and 4 lenses only just fit in (with hoods etc). I wouldn't want to travel much with all 4 lenses stuffed in as I'd be worried of damaging them. Things are a bit better if you are willing to stow the body with no lenses mounted however.

So yes, it depends just how compact you want to go!

Price was good too - about 40 pounds in the UK IIRC.

Rob

Sent from my VegaCream RC2 using Tapatalk HD

4. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I have a ThinkTank Urban Disguise 20 which I'm v happy with and it answers your description perfectly. However they're now discontinued (but try eBay?) - the closest equivalent in their current range appears to be this:
    Sub Urban Disguise 10

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I use a Tenba mini-messenger

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.