1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Bag for Panasonic G3 plus 3 extra lenses.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mattsid1, Jan 17, 2013.

1. mattsid1

mattsid1 New to Mu-43

Jan 17, 2013
    I've been trawling through this forum for a while now and still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have the following set up.

Panasonic G3 with 14-45 kit lens
    Panasonic 45-200mm
    Nikkor 50mm manual
    Nikkor 55mm Macro
    Nikon SLR adaptor
    1 Hood
    3 batteries
    Memory cards etc.

I want a bag as compact as possible. Shoulder strap or attachable from a belt, or a sling pack, but not really interested in backpack style.

I live in South Korea, so not everything is available, but I know Kata, Lowepro and Caselogic are. Domke are available as well, but they are a little overpriced here.

Any advice and recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Welcome to the forum! Before making any suggestions, I have one question. How much are you willing to trade off useability/access for compactness in your bag?

--Ken

3. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    I've got a G3, 14-42 kit zoom, 45-200 zoom, p20, and a Pentax 55mm/1.8. My bag is a Lowepro Rezo AW140. I really like this bag, it is certainly compact, well made, good padding and built in rain cover.

But if I'm honest, the body and 4 lenses only just fit in (with hoods etc). I wouldn't want to travel much with all 4 lenses stuffed in as I'd be worried of damaging them. Things are a bit better if you are willing to stow the body with no lenses mounted however.

So yes, it depends just how compact you want to go!

Price was good too - about 40 pounds in the UK IIRC.

Rob

Sent from my VegaCream RC2 using Tapatalk HD

4. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I have a ThinkTank Urban Disguise 20 which I'm v happy with and it answers your description perfectly. However they're now discontinued (but try eBay?) - the closest equivalent in their current range appears to be this:
    Sub Urban Disguise 10

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I use a Tenba mini-messenger