1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

bag for olympus pen e-pl1 with pancake lens

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kapitano, Jun 8, 2012.

1. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    i need a bag for my olympus pen e-pl1 with one of the two pancakes from panasonic attached to the camera. currently, i only have the 14mm pancake, but i will buy the 20mm pancake as soon as i can afford it. i already have two bigger bags, so i want this one to be as small as possible. of course, the bag shouldn't be too tight. it is also very important to me that the bag is weather-resistant. what would you recommend?

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    What style of bag are you looking for (shoulder, waist, wrist strap, sling, backpack, etc.)?

3. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
  4. kapitano

kapitano Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Austria
    i'm looking for a shoulder bag or a bag that can be attached to a belt. in fact, what style of bag isn't too important to me, because the bag should be as small as possible.

the crumpler bag looks really good and would be small enough. of course, the strap could be a little thinner, but you can always put the strap in the bag, can't you? unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available in europe. :frown:

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
  6. klarity

klarity Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    I use the Domke F-5XB for the E-M5. Fits on either a belt or a shoulder strap. Has both a velcro flap and a zip fastener. I've split the interior into two compartments and have the camera in one and odds and ends (phone etc.) in the other. If this is too big, then Domke do a F-5XA which is smaller. They wear well and therefore are available "broken in" off ebay. They're very strong and a used purchase should not be a concern.

Link here: Domke F-5XB Shoulder bag

7. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    I got mine on ebay so you may find one there - I got one of those rare things on ebay - a bargain - as mine was about £4 delivered as I think I was the only bidder. Mine was used when bought but in very good condition.

Had a look at my old bookmarks again and another option I considered at the time was this one: (Case Logic DCB 303) P5289724 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (again not my pic)

You can get them on ebay (UK) for £12.95 - not sure what delivery to Austria would be though: Case Logic Camcorder Storage Case Bag DCB303 Brand New | eBay

Again - not the smallest possible bag for the E-PL1 + pancake (I was actually looking for something that would fit the E-PL1 + 14-42) but not that big either. I tried getting the E-PL1 and 14mm into my Lowepro Terraclime 30 but it's way too small - even the GF3 + 14mm is a tight fit: Lowepro Terraclime 30 - Recycled Fabric Case For: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics The Terraclime 50 on the other hand is huge and way too big. Which is a pity as they are one of the most minimalist (and cheap) bags I have found (hardy any padding and no extra pockets - it's just one canvas pouch with a clip fastener.

You could also try a Lowepro Apex 60 - but again it's quite roomy - I can fit my Nex 5 + kit lens in it - just (very tight squeeze if it has a filter on it!) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Digital-Camera-Pouch-Panasonic/dp/B000KZ7YDG/ Nice bag, comes with it's own rainjacket (!) and widely available. You have to put anything bigger than a point and shoot in sideways though rather than with the lcd at the back against the soft material as you are supposed to. Not a problem if you have a screen protector on your lcd it should be fine.

8. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
  9. Monza76

Monza76 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2012
  10. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Im using Olive Domke FX5B..

Using EP2 with 30mm Sony marco lens and 14mm panny.
    Added with adapter..some cleaning kit..maybe a small desktop tripod..still have space.

11. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Go to a camera store. Fit some bags. Any and all camera bags will fit this combo.

12. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    I'm looking for a bag as well, for my PL3.

Have you seen this already: Pen slim case S, it is just 13*15*9cm on the _outside_.

olympus-slim-case-s-cam-mai.
    B310866.

It would be really cool if an owner of this bag could chime in and tell us how it is to use.

Edit:
    In a similar thread, I posted my final choice of minimal bag.
    It beats all suggested bags in size (i.e. smallness), but is still deeper than needed for body+prime only.