bag for Olympus EM 1 plus 15-150 or 12-40

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by LarryL, Feb 19, 2014.

1. LarryL

LarryL Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    I am new to micro 4/3 and all my DSLR baggage seems to be way too large. Any suggestions as to what works for a good walk around bag?

2. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    FRance
    Kata light tri 310 is a good fit for em1 + 12-40 with hood on.

3. Whtrbt7

Whtrbt7 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Thinktank Mirrorless mover series. If you are using just a single zoom, the Mirrorless mover 5 or 10 are excellent bags that you can shoot straight out of the bag. It also can fit on your belt.

4. LarryL

LarryL Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    Good call on the Thinktank but would the 10 be large enough for the EM1 and the 14-150? I hate buying bags on line but cannot find anything locally. I have three very nice LowePro bags for my DSLR but they are all too big for the EM1. Any other suggestions would be gratefully appreciated as well.

5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Non-descript, indestructible. Gets better with age. Domke.

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Look for video camera bags, they are much better suited to m4/3s style cameras. I have a second hand one and used some Pelican Velcro inserts to arrange spaces for small lenses and it works a treat.

7. Whtrbt7

Whtrbt7 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    The Thinktank mirrorless mover 10 would be large enough to fit the 14-150 facing downwards with the LCD of the E-M1 facing upwards kind of like a holster. You can fit another lens in there too.

8. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Oh yes, the Domke would be my top choice. I have the 5xb Rugged Wear . . . love it.

9. riderfan

riderfan New to Mu-43

May 26, 2013
    SK, Canada
    My small walkabout bag is a Lowepro Rezo 120AW. Holds E-M5 with half grip plus 12-40 mounted with hood forward. This still leaves just enough room for the 75 & 20. Front pouch has spare battery, CPL and a few other odds and ends. Total weight is just over 4lbs (under 2 Kg).

When I want to take a few more lenses I switch over to a Lowepro Rezo 160AW. When I want a lot more storage I go to my DSLR bags.

The Lowepro Rezos, are very affordable, provide good protection and have a built in raincover. If I had to knock one thing it would be the durability of the main zipper. I'm now on my third Rezo 160AW due to its zipper eventually failing. I keep buying the Rezos because despite this flaw I find them very versatile, light weight and compact. I think the Think Tank Retrospective 5 would be a nice choice but it weighs about twice what the Rezo 160 does and I got into m43 gear to reduce size and weight.

The new Think Tank Mirrorless Mover series looks good as well. I was consider the TTMM 20 before getting the Rezo 120AW but could never find it in stock anywhere to have a closer look at it.

Good luck with your decision.

Pat

10. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I carry my gear in the limousine that is Billingham. The digital Hadley model is waterproof out of the box, quiet to access, comes with a large pocket in the front, can expand with optional pockets on the sides, your gear is padded all around in case of a drop and roll, and if you decide to go gripped, it fits a micro 4/3 body with full grip. And a second lens. It’s a lightweight bag that is not fly-away in feel. It’s comfortable to the touch. It's got give, so you don't feel restricted and can get your hand in there to grab secure hold of your camera.

IMG_2146_DxO.

IMG_2147_DxO.

IMG_2148_DxO.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    I have it as well. I added a shoulder pad. A Domke postal pad or Billingham pad will do.

I also have a Hadley Pro for times when ineed more room

In Canada cost is relative. Domke and Think Tank cost too much.