Bag for LX100

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by svtquattro, May 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Been looking for a case for my LX100, the kind that protects well but doesn't leave any excess room, since the LX100 needs pretty much nothing except an extra battery!

The Mirrorless Mover 10 is WAAY too big. What do you all use? I use a Mirrorless Mover 30i with my E-M1 which lets me carry 3-4 primes and the body, or the E-M1 + 2 primes + LX100 but now I'd like to carry the LX100 alone!

Thanks.

2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    May be Lowepro Dashpoint 20 or 30
    Dashpoint 20 snugly fits GM5+12-32mm+autocap

3. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    There is a MirrorLess Mover 5

4. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Simon
    I'm using a Crumpler Base Layer Camera Pouch size M
    Crumpler Base Layer Camera Pouch: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo
    If anything it is just a fraction large, but if you wrap a spare battery in something soft you can drop it in the bottom and put the LX100 in on top.
    (BTW the small size is a nice snug fit for the ZS100/TZ100/etc)

5. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    OP/TECH USA Zippeez Soft Pouch.

I have two. I think they are a small and large if I recall, can't remember and measuring neoprene is not really and exact science. The small is too small for the LX100, it fits my GM5 and 12-32. The larger one I have fits the LX100 with room for strap, battery, and flash. I think it would fit in the medium one with a battery. Nice little pouch, separate front zip pocket and loops for a shoulder strap.

6. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I use this:

Reflexion CSC Holster - Case Logic

Fits it well - if you stick in an additional battery, it's a bit tight, but no real problem; you use the camera's strap to carry it - or you can use he belt loop.

M.

7. chaconi

chaconi Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

May 13, 2016
    Very South Florida
    I use the Pany full leather case and just throw it into my EDC day pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

8. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I use a Domke F-5XA bag. Plenty of room for spare batteries, filters and micro fiber cloth. The Domke ribbon label on the flap is easily removeable. I really like the softness and "patina" that develop with age. Big plus for me in that the bag is machine washable.

Domke F-5XA

9. Zman

Zman Mu-43 Regular

Oct 11, 2016
    I also wanted just a very compact bag for my Panasonic LX100. I decided on a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5. The main compartment fit my camera with a paracord wrist strap perfectly. In the front accessory pocket I store an extra battery and a microfiber cloth. Inside the top flap is a small pocket that I use to store a CPL filter. I usually just carry the LX100 in my hand using the wrist strap. If I feel a need to use my OpTech sling strap I have to carry it separately until connecting it to my camera. No room in the bag. The MM5 is well built, and I love the magnetic closure on the front flap so I don't always zip the main compartment. P5130013_edited-1.

10. genesimmons

genesimmons Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2017
    81+LEqB4E9L._SL1400_. i use clik elite for all my bags, i luv all of them, i have 5 bags, this one is very small and can be mounted on a belt or worn slung over the shoulder or worn on the chest, lots of options, it fits my em1 with 20mm,looking at your camera i think this would fit great and have room for few things in the pocket on the top lid, 81+LEqB4E9L._SL1400_.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  11. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    The LX100 goes in the Panasonic leather case, with the Cordweaver wrist strap hanging out the top. For the spare battery (if I bother), an Op/Tech battery holster. The Olympus FL-LM3 flash fits into a pocket.
    LX100 leather case 500.
    This suits how I use the LX100 - the camera I have when my other cameras are too big.

12. Percy

Percy New to Mu-43

Dec 16, 2016
    Hereford, England
    I had an LX100 and used a "Crumpler Light Delight Photo Pouch 200".
    This was a snug fit for the camera with just enough space to put a spare battery in the bottom.
    It has a detachable shoulder strap but I just used it with the belt loop.
    A perfect fit for the camera and a very convenient and secure way to carry it around. I'd highly recommend this bag. From your description I think it would suit perfectly.