Bag for G1, 12/2.8, 20/1.7, 60/2.8

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Dave Reynell, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

I have a 30 year-old camera bag which I used to carry my Pentax gear about in. Still use it for my G1 and three primes as it's very well padded.

BUT It's rather large and square to carry about on a day hike. Can anyone recommend a compact bag that will take my G1 body, with a small prime clipped onto it and my Sigma 60/2.8.

I've had a look at the Think tank Mover 20, and that's about the size I'm after. Any other suggestions.

All comments welcome

Dave

2. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I bought a Tamrac jazz 36 - here's one for $25
    ideal for mirrorless cam and 2-3 lenses, with pockets & pouches for other items (or pancakes!).

P1010104.JPG

Here's what a dSLR does to all that space! :eek:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  3. joma416

joma416 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2014
    Toronto, ON Canada
    John
    Wow, that 12-32 is small! The way your picture is composed I first thought it was a tele-converter to go with the zoom beside it ;-)

4. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    Wish I still had that 12-32 :( but lately I've mutated to Oly gear. It would still be most welcome if one found its way back to me! :D

5. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    This is my favourite bag, and I have tried several including the expensive ONA The Bowery.

[​IMG]

6. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    I have a Crumpler 3 million dollar home that would be perfect for that.

I'm actually about to list it...

7. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Maybe check out the Domke F-5XB? I've had one for a while and in my opinion it's just about the sweet spot for one body+lens and a couple of other lenses, with a pocket for spare battery/filter/etc. If you stack smaller lenses or get creative with dividers you can pack quite a bit more in there.

8. Moula

Moula Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Domke F-10 is nearly same size as F-5XB, but has better access.

9. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

@Akashi@Akashi, Could you tell me the name of the Lowepro bag that you posted in your reply. I cannot find it on the Lowepro website.

Dave

10. Moula

Moula Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Looks like one of Passport Slings...

11. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

Yes ! I found it on the Lowepro site after a bit of trawling. Thanks

12. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

I'll do that. Looking at all the recommendations.

13. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    Yep Passport sling. I have version I, but I think it is near identical to version II. What I love about it is the expandable option (zipper in the back) and the removable photo insert. I pack it flat in my suitcase when I travel and can use it as a bag for stuff, computer etc or photo when I arrive. Super good. I can easily slide it to my front to get control when I am in crowds (pickpockets) and it is water resistant, easy to wear and cheap (relatively). [/commercial] :) The best bag I have tried.

EDIT: I see you use G1 with three primes The downside with this bag is then that the photo compartment only has two slots. One for camera with lens. The other can be configured (with a flap) so that it divides horizontally if the primes dont fit side by side. It works great. There are internal pockets for extra battery and one special for extra memory card (SD).

14. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

Camera and one prime will do. Most of the time I have the 20/1.7 clipped on and carry the Sigma 60 just in case I need to go tight. My 12/2.0 stays at home, but is very useful when "cramped".

15. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    I've recently received a Cosy Speed Street-O-Matic which I am going to use while hiking in Iceland. It's really nice because it's not too big. I can fit a Gx7 with either P7-14 or S60 attached and the other one next to it with the GX7 face down. I could probably also fit the P20 into the side pocket, if I wanted to.

16. victor.reynolds712

victor.reynolds712 New to Mu-43

Apr 1, 2016
    I have the Tenba DNA, which can carry a body+lens and two other lenses. You can access your gear from the top opening and is easy to transport. It's a bit pricey, however I like it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk