Bag for 40-150 pro lens

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Imjinman, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Imjinman

Imjinman Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Hi

Can anyone recommend a bag for my oly 40-150 pro lens? Just want to put it in that and sling over my shoulder whilst I carry the em1 plus 12-40 pro.

I don't want a camera bag (I have one already).

Light and simple!

Thanks

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

2. Tony Rex

Tony Rex Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 6, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tony Rex
  3. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    You'll have to provide your own strap with the TT Lens Changer.

The LowePro S&F Slim Lens Pouch 55 AW will just fit the lens with lens hood retracted and is designed for both photographer belts and comes with a strap. If you want to keep the lens hood extended and/or use the tele-convertor the Slim Lens Pouch 75AW is the choice.

Lowepro has two Lens Exchange cases with a place to hold a lens while you swap them out and then just close the case.

Added: Forget the Lowe Pro Lens Exchange 100AW bag - just a tad too short for the 40-150 f/2.8 and 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  4. condo39

condo39 Mu-43 Regular

I use the Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney that comes with a shoulder strap. Just large enough to fit the 40-150 pro lens attached to a EM5m2.

5. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

I got a Lowe Pro Lens Exchange Case 100 AW for my PL 100-300 that works great. It comes with both a shoulder strap and a belt loop for carrying on a hefty belt. I don't think it would work very well on a flimsy belt. I very much like being able to just swap lenses in the case with one hand and without opening my camera bag. If interested, you might want to look at the website to verify that it will take the somewhat larger 40-150 PRO. It was under $35.00 on Amazon.

6. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I have my father's Le Mans LE-2005 bag which was made for film cameras; it fits the 40-150Pro + MC-14 perfectly (no room for a body with this lens).
    It has a shoulder strap as well as a belt loop. The front pocket can hold filters for the lens, but one must be careful when the bag is open as there is not a separate closure for the pocket.

There's one on eBay right now which appears similar in size and design, but the model # is different:
    LE MANS(LE2020) DSLR Camera Bag (fits Canon Nikon)

Barry

7. RachelleK

RachelleK Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 18, 2014
    MD
    Rachelle
    Just put my 40-150 f/2.8 into my Lowe Pro Lens Exchange 100AW. I would agree that it is a tad too short. While it did fit in and I was able to snap the cover, it is really a tight fit.

8. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Agree. And, although the Lens Exchange 200AW seems to be long enough, it's not wide enough for the 50-200 SWD with the lens hood. Especially with the hood and the tripod foot. It's too bad, because I would have bought it otherwise.

9. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Two cases for the 50-200mm- the case that comes with the lens, Olympus LSH-1220 or the Nikon CL-M1 case for an 80-400mm.

My Olympus case came with an inexpensive, non removable, uncomfortable strap. I cut off the strap and plastic strap fitting and replaced with large triangular shaped D-rings I found on Amazon, and then just use one of my straps with hook snaps intended for cases.

The Nikon CL-M1 is a lot easier to find and almost a perfect fit for the Olympus lens. It also has an inexpensive, uncomfortable strap, but it is easily replaceable.

10. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    The Olympus lens case isn't long enough to fit the 50-200 with the MMF-3 adaptor attached. I was looking for a bag that would allow me to protect and carry the lens + MMF adaptor + EM1 body. That's a bit of a tall bill. I ended up with a large and bulky Manfrotto Holster Plus 40 Professional because I found it on sale for $20. It works, but it sure is big. It'll even hold the lens+adaptor+EC14+EM1, plus another lens or two. Not for hiking, but OK for schlepping around other places.

11. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    If you'd mentioned all of that earlier, then that's easy. I have two bags from around 2006, Lowepro Toploader Pro 75AW and a Toploader Zoom 55AW. The large bag can hold that combo, another lens like 12-35 or 7-14 with more stuff in the main compartment, and two FL-50R flashes in the front pocket, and then even more with the slip lock bag attachments on both sides of the bag. The 55AW can hold a small lens and you combo in the main compartment, a flash in the front pocket and still has the slip lock bag add availability on both sides of the bag.

Both can be configured in a couple of ways making them great for hiking, biking, and when set up as a chest pack great for skiing!

And the newer versions look pretty sleek for what you can carry.

12. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I'm using a "Vanguard Up-rise 38" which was left over from my 35-100mm f2.0 (when I purchased it it was the only bag which could fit the 35-100 while still attached to an E-5). It's absolutely massive and easily fits enough equipment to use it as an anchor, I tend to use it a bit like a holster with larger lenses. It can easily fit a 40-150mm, 12-40, 7-14mm, three E-M1s, and a few flashes... and a laptop/tablet, and a magazine/book or two... it also has a section for pens and memory cards!

...it's actually far too big, I've been thinking of getting a smaller bag because I really don't need its size :)

13. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I think I looked at the LowePro models, but bit on the Manfrotto only because it was so inexpensive. The side pockets on the Manfrotto are almost useless because they're so tight, but the bag is quite sturdy and a little rigid. For carrying it around when I was out hiking or on the trail, I'd probably get something like the Thinktank Trifecta 8 backpack, which would make carrying the weight a little easier. The holster was intended for short-term carrying and protection, which it does OK.