1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bag/cover suggestion for international Travel, JUST GH3 and 12-35mm

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by peripatew, Mar 9, 2014.

1. peripatew

peripatew Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    It has to be Amazon Prime, I leave Thursday and decided to ditch my big Kata bag and gear.

Help!

2. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Look at the Zing camera cases... I use a small one from my E-M1... with that lens you may need to get the larger model.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. darrellc

darrellc Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    Any bag with neoprene camera covers

I stopped carrying camera bags years ago. I travel a lot, and just carry my gear in neoprene cases and throw them into whatever sling bag, messenger bag or backpack I'm bringing for the day. Camera bags are just too inefficient, and I'm usually carrying non camera stuff too.

5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Agreed. Something like this should be fine inside a normal backpack/messenger bag:

http://www.amazon.com/Domke-F-34L-1...F8&qid=1394425365&sr=8-1&keywords=camera+wrap

I've got this insert:

http://www.amazon.com/Mountainsmith...6&sr=8-1&keywords=mountainsmith+camera+insert

more than enough for the GH2 + 12-35.

6. Lisandra

Lisandra Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    passport sling cant be beat for portability, ease of access and spaciousness

7. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    :thiagree:
    +1 on the Zing. I have a Zing but stopped using it when my DSLRs grew too large. :eek:

When I jumped across to μ43 I rediscovered my Zing. If I am carrying just an E-M1, without the HLD-7, with the 12-40/2.8, then the Zing is my choice. I always carry a bag for phone, wallet, keys etc, so spare batteries, SD cards, filters, LensPen go in there too.
    [HR][/HR]
    I do not need another bag. I do not need another bag. I do not need another bag. I do not need another bag.
    I do not need another bag. I do not need another bag. I do not need another bag. I do not need another bag.
    I do not need another bag. I do not need another bag. I do not need another bag. Maybe I need another bag.

:evilsmile:

8. peripatew

peripatew Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Thanks for the quick and helpful responses. I decided to order this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BEDRIO/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item
    Cheap, small enough to protect the camera in my backpack, but able to go out on it's own as well. It's rainy season, so loved the rain cover.

I REALLY like the look of the Passport sling. But it seems that when I'd want that much stuff, I'd have my backpack with me. I may order it to see how I like it. If I'm not going out "ultralight", I usually have my iPad with me, and I'm not sure if it would fit?

9. sternalot

sternalot New to Mu-43

Mar 3, 2014
    I know OP already selected a bag, but I will agree with those recommending bag inserts instead. I like my Crumpler Haven S so far. I can fit OM-D E-M5, an Oly Prime, and my Oly macro with room to spare for filters, flash, and/or batteries, etc. Also a decent organization pocket on the outside for a couple cords, memory cards, batteries, ect.

I actually plan to buy a Crumpler Haven M for my trip to Austin next weekend. I expect I should be able to very easily fit most of my kit (OMD, 12mm, 25mm, 45mm and 60mmM).

10. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    FRance
  11. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    No, no, nooo. I doth protesteth for one can never have enough bags! :wink:

I think the insert ideas proposed by others are good. The Domke I suggested is actually compact enough to fit within a backpack without adding too much weight or bulk compared with the insert. What I like about the Domke is that I can remove it from the backpack and hang it over my shoulder if I want ready access such as when I want to swap lenses.

12. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
  13. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I too have given up with my quest for the perfect camera bag. As you say. When I travel I want to carry my camera and all my other stuff I need for a day out so I've resorted to using a timbuk2 messenger bag with neoprene camera wrap and lens pouches.

14. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    ImageUploadedByMu-431394541129.781272.jpg