Backyard Konica 40mm

JoeG

Mu-43 Regular
I've been trying out my adapted Konica lens and thought I'd try a couple of black and white shots. I've clearly got a long way to go to catch rst.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JoeG

Mu-43 Regular
I love the lens. Always have. I had to buy a new copy; my son lost the one I lent him about twenty years ago.

I'm slowly learning to manual focus again. Not there yet. My eyes (and flexibility) are the problem. I think for flower close ups I'm going to have to go to a tripod and the back screen, magnified, for focus. The blurriness here is me, not the lens. But perhaps it adds a nostalgic touch too.

I probably shouldn't mention it on this B+W forum, but the Konica does terrific colors too.

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran

JoeG

Mu-43 Regular
Andy,

I remember your flower shot from another forum post. Amazing!

Wish I'd been around to buy your GF1. I love the looks and heft of that camera, but for me the G1 seems better suited. I can't imagine getting another camera without an articulated screen.

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Hmmm, that Konica seems to be a nice lens. I am looking for something fast in that range as my Nikkor 1.4/50mm produces lots of CAs.

Thanks for sharing
Ruediger

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
Andy,

I remember your flower shot from another forum post. Amazing!

Wish I'd been around to buy your GF1. I love the looks and heft of that camera, but for me the G1 seems better suited. I can't imagine getting another camera without an articulated screen.
Thanks Joe

The 40mm on the GF1 was a perfect focal length and i really enjoyed it so i'm hoping for more of the same with the E-P1.

Although i really really don't need a G1 i do keep looking at them as they are SO cheap! I may buy a body and see what it's like. It looks like a bigger GF1 with viewfinder! If the IQ is the same then i think it could be an awesome camera but i already have a Canon 450d and the Oly E-P1 which i love to bits. I also have an Olympus Trip 35 and Olympus OM-2. How many cameras do i need? :biggrin:

Still want a G1 though!:smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom