1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Backyard Konica 40mm

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by JoeG, May 24, 2010.

1. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

I've been trying out my adapted Konica lens and thought I'd try a couple of black and white shots. I've clearly got a long way to go to catch rst.

Astilbe.JPG

Clematis_whirl.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    We all have a way to go to catch him...but your well on your way....
    The 40 is a knock out ain't it....?

3. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

I love the lens. Always have. I had to buy a new copy; my son lost the one I lent him about twenty years ago.

I'm slowly learning to manual focus again. Not there yet. My eyes (and flexibility) are the problem. I think for flower close ups I'm going to have to go to a tripod and the back screen, magnified, for focus. The blurriness here is me, not the lens. But perhaps it adds a nostalgic touch too.

I probably shouldn't mention it on this B+W forum, but the Konica does terrific colors too.

4. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Joe....the Color word....don't let this get out....
    I love the color from my Konica glass......
    did I say that.....?

• Like Like x 1
  5. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Here is a pic of some flowers that i took when i had the konica 40mm f1.8 lens. I sold it because i sold the Gf1 not knowing that i would then get the amazing E-P1.

Tis a fine lens!
    4450824044_5facc3f648_o.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Andy,
    You sold your 40.....? Oh my....I just don't know what to think about the world anymore......

7. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Andy,

I remember your flower shot from another forum post. Amazing!

Wish I'd been around to buy your GF1. I love the looks and heft of that camera, but for me the G1 seems better suited. I can't imagine getting another camera without an articulated screen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rst

rst Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Hmmm, that Konica seems to be a nice lens. I am looking for something fast in that range as my Nikkor 1.4/50mm produces lots of CAs.

Thanks for sharing
    Ruediger

• Like Like x 1
  9. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Don't panic as i'm after another one! I have bought another adapter and have my eye on a lens on the bay of e!

10. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Thanks Joe

The 40mm on the GF1 was a perfect focal length and i really enjoyed it so i'm hoping for more of the same with the E-P1.

Although i really really don't need a G1 i do keep looking at them as they are SO cheap! I may buy a body and see what it's like. It looks like a bigger GF1 with viewfinder! If the IQ is the same then i think it could be an awesome camera but i already have a Canon 450d and the Oly E-P1 which i love to bits. I also have an Olympus Trip 35 and Olympus OM-2. How many cameras do i need? :biggrin:

Still want a G1 though!:smile:

• Like Like x 1