1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Backward Lilies

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Robert Watcher, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

I quite often take closeups of flowers I come upon - but generally from the front showing maybe the stamen and pistils. All that is out right now though are lilies, and I have quite a few shots of them that work for me.

So this evening while grabbing a few more pics of some large yellow lilies, I remembered a couple of years ago taking a shot of some flowers on our porch - but the view was from behind - - - and it really worked in that case.

So being that the flowers were all facing the setting sun, I decided to take a shot or two from the back of the flower bed - facing toward the sun. Again, I liked what I got and spiced it up with some artistic processing. Taken with my Olymus E-PL3 and 40-150 lens @ 66mm : f8 @ 1/160'th : 1250 ISO

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robert Watcher

The effect I was after - one that I have used before for it's subtle and muted look - is one of a fine art paper texture. I print most of my images for wall art, and this type of image looks wonderful on some of the thick Hahnemuhle papers that I use. This 100% crop will give you an idea of the texture in the shot.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Nice! What sort of printer are you using?

4. Robert Watcher

I have an Epson 2000 13inch pigment printer.

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Interesting effect, I like it.:cool: