Backward Lilies

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Robert Watcher, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

I quite often take closeups of flowers I come upon - but generally from the front showing maybe the stamen and pistils. All that is out right now though are lilies, and I have quite a few shots of them that work for me.

So this evening while grabbing a few more pics of some large yellow lilies, I remembered a couple of years ago taking a shot of some flowers on our porch - but the view was from behind - - - and it really worked in that case.

So being that the flowers were all facing the setting sun, I decided to take a shot or two from the back of the flower bed - facing toward the sun. Again, I liked what I got and spiced it up with some artistic processing. Taken with my Olymus E-PL3 and 40-150 lens @ 66mm : f8 @ 1/160'th : 1250 ISO

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robert Watcher

The effect I was after - one that I have used before for it's subtle and muted look - is one of a fine art paper texture. I print most of my images for wall art, and this type of image looks wonderful on some of the thick Hahnemuhle papers that I use. This 100% crop will give you an idea of the texture in the shot.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Nice! What sort of printer are you using?

4. Robert Watcher

I have an Epson 2000 13inch pigment printer.

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Interesting effect, I like it.:cool: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.