1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Backup Olympus PEN Settings?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rapid, May 1, 2012.

1. rapid

rapid Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Hi All,

Recently got a EPM1 and am looking to spend some time working through the settings to get to a stage where I'm happy with the jpeg output. I've read up on MySets which sounds pefect for different scenarios.

One question I have is around backing up my settings. Is there a config file or something that can be backed up in case the camera dies during an update or gets stolen?

If not the only option I can think of is to reset it back to defaults and build a document around anything I change so I can re-run the setup if needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    When you've had enough experience with Olympus cameras you will stop worrying about these things. ;) I can pick up any new Oly and have it ip and running just like all the rest of my cameras within 15-20 minutes.

MySet is the closest thing to a settings backup I know of, but won't help if you lose your camera. If you can't keep it all in your head then a document is probably not a bad idea. I even have one for settings that I suggest the most on this forum so I don't have to retype it every time somebody asks. ;)