1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Backup Olympus PEN Settings?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rapid, May 1, 2012.

1. rapid

rapid Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Hi All,

Recently got a EPM1 and am looking to spend some time working through the settings to get to a stage where I'm happy with the jpeg output. I've read up on MySets which sounds pefect for different scenarios.

One question I have is around backing up my settings. Is there a config file or something that can be backed up in case the camera dies during an update or gets stolen?

If not the only option I can think of is to reset it back to defaults and build a document around anything I change so I can re-run the setup if needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    When you've had enough experience with Olympus cameras you will stop worrying about these things. ;)  I can pick up any new Oly and have it ip and running just like all the rest of my cameras within 15-20 minutes.

MySet is the closest thing to a settings backup I know of, but won't help if you lose your camera. If you can't keep it all in your head then a document is probably not a bad idea. I even have one for settings that I suggest the most on this forum so I don't have to retype it every time somebody asks. ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.