Backpack to Carry 2 E-M1s and lots of lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by azjsb, Aug 7, 2016.

1. azjsb

azjsb Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2015
    I am looking for a backpack that can be taken on an airplane and will fit in the overhead compartment that will carry: (a) 2 - E-M1 bodies - (preferably) one with the Oly 12-40mm f/2.8 attached and one with the Oly 40-150mm f/2.8 attached; (b) 1.4x TC; (c) Oly 300mm f/4; (d) Oly 7-14mm f/2.8 plus some filters (both round and 100mm x 100mm), batteries; cleaning supplies.

And, is really comfortable to wear...Thanks
  2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    F-Stop and a large ICU. I have a a Loka (which fits overheads if it's not stuffed to the gills), a Satori for bigger trips, and a Guru which is daypack sized and would also work. The bags are all comfortable, with the Loka being the most comfortable because it's nice and compact against the back/does not stick out much, and is small enough that you don't overload it. The Guru much more of a 'regular' daypack/everyday pack.

The newest line of bags includes the Lotus, which looks like it would fit the bill. I have a small ICU which would most of your gear but not with both lenses mounted, I would think. Medium might work, the large certainly will.

I buy mine from authorized dealers with stock (live in NL) rather than direct because they are a bit terrible with shipping stuff on time. But their gear is very much worth it.
  3. Sniksekk

Sniksekk Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2015
    In my ThinkTank Glasstaxi I've got:
    1 em1 with hld7, 12-40 pro
    1em1 w hld7, 40150 pro
    And 17,25,45 1,8.
    And some food.
    Em1 w hld7 12-40 p
    Em1 w hld7 40-150 p
    Em10 w 75mm
  4. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    I would think twice before ordering anything from F-Stop. Multiple threads on another forum have numerous complaints about wait times stretching months, or more. Plus, the company just abandoned a Kickstarter project, and told participants they won't be getting any money back, just credit toward a purchase. Not a good idea when they can't seem to provide product to current customers.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    As @yendikeno@yendikeno mentioned, I think Fstop is going to be going out of business soon. The owner seems to have taken the money and ran. Hopefully someone buys them out and uses there designs. Their inability to deliver is why I'm building the FrankinPack: FrankinPack
  6. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Too bad. I bought my first F-Stop, a Kenti, and was very impressed.
  7. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I bought the Mindshift Backloght and it's got to be the best backpack I've ever had or seen. I would highly recommend it.
  8. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    That sucks. I get my F-Stop stuff from a brick and mortar store here in The Netherlands with a strong online presence, so always got stuff that was in stock.

It would be a shame if F-Stop went the way of the dodo; they make some really fantastic bags. Perhaps time to buy a few more while they're still available, from a place that has them in stock...
  9. raucous

raucous Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2016
    Pacific Northwest
    I'm a month into a wait on an F-Stop Guru UL. Since I've ordered the Resource Magazine exposé has come out and I've seen reports that the comptroller and senior designer have both quit. F-Stop charged my credit card when I ordered and I fear now that I'll be outside the card dispute window before they deliver. If they ever do, which I'm starting to doubt. Sigh...

Should I be ordering from one of the European brick and mortar stores that actually carries stock (a quaint concept that I'm developing a new appreciation for) instead? How workable is that, from a cost, shipping, and customs standpoint for someone in, say, the US?
  10. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    @raucous@raucous, US residents do not normally have to worry about customs or import duty for individual purchases.
    C.f. the huge account of goods on sold and shipped here from Shenzhen and HK.