Back to the Pen after 43 years

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Fmrvette, May 26, 2012.

1. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Hello from (near) Detroit Michigan. Thanks for allowing me to join the group, I'm looking forward to learning about micro four thirds gear and techniques.

My first SLR was an Olympus Pen FT purchased new in Vietnam in 1969 (film was hard to get and the half frame format allowed me to double up on the shots per roll. Also the camera was very light, which was extremely important at the time).

For the past several years I've been shooting using Nikon gear, currently a D300 with battery grip. Add the 70-200 2.8 lens and it's quite a load for me these days.

I'm considering unloading (pun intended) the Nikon gear and making a permanent move to four thirds.

I've purchased an E-PL1 with both kit lenses and added the Panasonic 20mm but have not yet done any extensive shooting with the gear. The limited shooting I've done so far is very encouraging.

Glad to be aboard!

• Like Like x 3
  2. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
  3. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Welcome. You will be amazed at what can be done with the "little" cameras, as you become more accustomed to them, and adjust your shooting habits to them. No more lugging around the monster bags etc.! I rarely use tripod any more. Just use a "prop". Tree, post, automobile, etc. Enjoy!
  4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Welcome! Our little club is growing every day. :smile:
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome! I loved the little E-PL1.