1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Back in the saddle.

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by bilzmale, Mar 5, 2010.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I have tried lots to get me motivated in the last 6 months (including buying the E-P2) but the final cricket match of the season for my 6 yr old grandson inspired me to get my "real gear" out. I was so rusty and surprised at how little I remembered about using the E-3 so I put it in P mode, strapped on the 50-200 and took some pics. The camera did well and I got some confidence back. Here is an ooc jpeg (I am rusty at pp too so shot LF!).

4410183130_551d6680d5.

Took the E-P2 for video and was happy with my first results but it struggled with me in deep shade and the action in the sun. Need to get out of my chair next time:smile:.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I don't know a thing about cricket, but I like how your grandson is locked in on the ball here. Great timing of the action.

3. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    I was the same way, haven't really took anything or used the old creative juices in years. Then I came across 2 website.....this one which Im really enjoying and a guy by the name of Steve Huff....a laid back photographer. Between these 2 sites I was re-born, if I can put it that way, and feel like the photographer of old. Im doing the daily picture a day and just having a ball here. Im glad your back in the saddle again.

Great shot of your son too, captured at the right moment, I think. Not sure about how the game is played but he is having fun.

Cheers,

PEte

4. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    Great action shot. I like the DOF on this too. Very good.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

bilzmale, "back in the saddle" is a good way to describe your return to photography the way you used to enjoy it. The expression on your grandson's face as well as the stop action make this. The color's pretty nice, too.:wink:

Welcome back to the saddle!:2thumbs:

6. chalkdust

chalkdust Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2009
    McKinney, Texas
    Grandchildren are great photomotivators! Welcome. Your action shot is amazing!