Back in business with the OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Wolf, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Just to let you guys know I'm back on the Micro 4/3 front... :biggrin:

I still have my Sony Nex 5N with some lenses which i will probably keep as i really like it a lot but the thing is I'm missing a decent macro option, telezoom and fast prime.
    And on nature hikes I really like a telezoom and macro lens.
    I will get either the 45mm pana leica or the new announced olympus one day.
    For telezoom it's gonna be the old 4/3 olympus 70-300 with adapter or the pana 100-300

I thought about a small dslr too, but a decent macro lens with IS costs 700 or more euro.
    a 100-400 telezoom (eq too 100-300 if you count the crop factor) is over 1500 euro and needs a tripod ...
    not to mention it weighs over 1,5 kg...

So today my local store had the OM-D (grey) in stock, together with the kit lens.
    I doubted about the kit lens, but it seems decent enough for walks and it's WS and has decent macro function...
    and in kit it doesn't cost that much as if you were to buy it later in retail

Oh I will get the grip + extra battery asap though... it's great (I tried it in the store , but decided to check if i could get cheaper on the internet)
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Congrats on the new kit, Wolf!

I am wishing I would have purchased the kit as well... it would make a great setup for hiking with the reach and macro function.
    • Like Like x 1