Back button focus lock and face detection

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dolomick, Dec 15, 2014.

1. dolomick

dolomick New to Mu-43

Dec 15, 2014
    I am a new omd e-m10 user here, and have mapped AFL to my Fn1 button with smallest center point. Trying to figure out what to map to a MySet for waiters to use on our upcoming trip to Thailand as my current setup will be too confusing to explain. Maybe iAuto mode will do the trick?

I am thinking about a MySet for waiters with P mode, face detection on, and a regular half press to lock focus and exposure - I can pick an ISO ahead of handing over the camera and have slightly more control than iAuto mode.

Another question... since I have Fn1 locking focus for me on the smallest center point by default... what overrides what in terms of the center point vs. face detection. For example, if there is a face on the right side of the frame with a white box, and I hit Fn1 to lock focus on my small center point (which is nowhere near the face with the white box), where is focus going to be locked? The manual doesn't explain the relationship going on here, and my results have been confusing. Thanks!