Back at last

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Iansky, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Hi All,

For those of you (if there are any) who may be wondering why I have not been around for a while, I apologise but it has been due to a catalogue of events incorporating a trip overseas, computer crash and work.

I did manage to squeeze a final trip to Dubai in to visit my daughter before her imminent return next month and spent a fabulous day with her just taking photos in the old Creek area.

I do intend to publish these very soon when I have finished editing, they will be on my blog and on here.

All the images were taken with the GF1 and for 95% of them I used the 45-200mm and it did not dissapoint - the combination of this lens with the EVF were superb and I hope others will like the photos when I post them.

Kind regards to all after what seems like an absence of ages!
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Ian you have been missed very much! How wonderful for you to have made the trip to visit your daughter and I can't wait to see your photographs. Perhaps you'll post some of your daughter's as well on your blog, I hope so.

It's really good to see your avatar face on here again.:biggrin:
  3. sebastel

sebastel Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2010
    not your business
    you're not alone, being away and back.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks - I can feel the love already!

Alas, my daughter is still in Dubai until later next month and I do not have access to her images.

I am also too busy editing mine down from 256 images to a sensible number to post.........the joys of post editing!:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome home Ian :friends:

I was definitely beginning to wonder... good to hear from you again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome home Ian.
    We've been keeping things warm for you.
    Good to have you back.
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome back Ian, and sebastel too!
  8. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    I was beginning to have thoughts over the weekend, ah well, no need now, good to see you back Ian. :thumbup:

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

sebastel, your little devil/mouse face has been missed very much, as well.:biggrin:
  10. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    good to see you

cheers from nyc
  11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey, good to see your face back here again Ian. I was just thinking about you and was going to send you a PM to see whether you were still in the land of the living.:smile:

How was your trip to Dubai? My cousin went there at Christmas Time ( His girlfriend's father is a pilot for Etihad) so he got the trip there for free. Very envious:crying: He was in first class as well, and for that he needed to wear a tie and suit and he didn't have that either!! So he and his GF went shopping and she bought him a suit! Sounds like i should find a rich girl myself:smile:Very well might come in handy.

Very eager to see your images.

12. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Welcome back, we are looking forward to see your new pictures here in Norway!
  13. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thank you all for the concern and the nice messages.

I have finally sorted, edited and posted my final images to my blogsite so please visit to see the full set and all comments/feedback is appreciated. Due to limited space left in the gallery section on this site, have only been able to post a very limited selection.

It was a great albeit fairly short trip but managed to achieve three objectives not completed last time:
    1. Visit the new Formula 1 race circuit between Dubai / Abu Dhabi
    2. Get some images from the viewing platform of the Burj Khalifa (worlds tallest building) - alas, the building access was closed due to ongoing maintenance so I had to settle for outside night shots as I felt they emphasized the structure.
    3. Return to the Creek and capture some more images of the personalities who live and work in that area.

The GF1 was superb and 90% of my images were captured with the 45-200 lens that I am more than happy with - the small footprint of the camera lens combination meant that my 6hour walk around the Creek was not at all painful due to heavy camera kit.

I can certainly recommend this combination for all travel and general purposes.

My kit was the GF1+EVF+20mm+14-45+45-200. I carried this all in a super small but strong and reliable bag from Kathmandu which cost around £18 in a sale - padded and very well made.
    • Like Like x 1